New! Sit Less Boot Camp Email Reminders!

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
edited September 2016 in Social Groups
Hi Everyone!

Auna and I are so excited to get October's Sit Less Boot Camp started THIS Saturday!

A lot of you have asked us to remind you when Boot Camp begins. We will be doing that and we are taking it one step further. Once Boot Camp begins and for those who sign-up to request it, we will send you a daily email reminder of what the day's Boot Camp challenge is. Sometimes a friendly little reminder is all it takes to build healthier habits!

If you'd like a reminder, you can sign-up here:

http://www.quittingthesitting.org/sit-less-boot-camp-reminder.html

Please DO NOT respond by leaving your email address on this thread. Please use the link to the form above instead.

lqu84tq5a7sf.jpg

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,004 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty cool tool, Denise! :) Since I have made the A Challenge a Day page my home page, I don't think I'll be needing a reminder.
  • themedalist
    Options
    Great suggestion, @77tes! Making the Challenge-A-Day website your home page is a terrific way to remember to participate in Sit Less Boot Camp!
  • themedalist
    Options
    We are happy to send out reminders to those who would like them. But just a note about that. They will be coming from Quitting the Sitting's gmail account. There's always a chance that your email system may flag it as spam and put it in your spam folder, so if you don't have a reminder from us in your inbox, check your 'spam' or 'junk' folders.

Email reminders will start going out tomorrow, Saturday, Oct 1st.
  • vivimolly
    vivimolly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Any way text reminders could be added instead of/in addition to email reminders? Thanks!
  • themedalist
    Options
    vivimolly wrote: »
    Any way text reminders could be added instead of/in addition to email reminders? Thanks!

Conceptually, I like this idea a lot and had considered it. But looking into it more, I think sending text messages from gmail (Quitting the Sitting's email server) is more complex and time-consuming than I can commit to for the October session. It's something I'll look into more when we re-run Sit Less Boot Camp next May. Good suggestion though and thanks!