Had my 6 month Dr. check-in

Options
Went great, she was very happy! It looks like I am going to be off cholesterol medication and high bp meds as well! I'm just waiting to get today's bloodwork back. I'm super excited!

I lost 19 lbs the 2nd round (3 months) so I am happy with that. Down 57 total (not all on Phen but 47 is). Rx is renewed and I will see her again to check in in 3 months.

I had a huge stall during this last round, probably 6 weeks of losing NOTHING. It was mentally frustrating but I stuck with it and now for some reason the weight is coming of easily again. No more plus sizes, pretty much 100% of my pants have been replaced and the new ones I just got are baggy. Overall very happy with the 6 months of progress!!!

How long has everyone else been on Phen?

Happy friday everyone! -tracey

Replies

• ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I look forward to the day that I reach where you're at. I'm curious. Are you using TDEE or MFP NEAT formula for figuring out how many calories you eat? I'm going back and forth right now trying to decide which is best for me.

I've been on phen almost 3 months. I had to take a short break b/c of a reaction to a filler but back on it now.
  • traceyinMI
    traceyinMI Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I actually switched to ketogenic diet about 4 months ago. So I follow a formula from http://www.ruled.me/keto-calculator/ to calculate how much carbs/protein/fat to have per day. Keto is a high fat, moderate protein, low carb (less than 20 per day) way of eating that forces your body to use stored fat for energy, instead of carbs. By "starving" it of carbs, it switches into this mode.

Anyway-- I could go on and on.... so I've customized my own macros that I track based on a Keto formula. I don't really pay attention to calories (that is not my goal) but to my fat, carb and protein intake. And I avoid sugar at all costs.

If you want any resources about that, let me know!
  • Nancyh59
    Nancyh59 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've been on it since May 14. I lost almost 30 pounds in the first round, but I'm in that terrible stall right now like you were! I've barely lost anything for the last month! I'm glad to hear that you started losing easily again. I think I just need to keep on track and pay more attention to the calories and not slack on the exercise. My clothes are the same way! There's no way I'd fit into a plus size anything now and it feels great! My new size 14 slacks are already loose.
  • traceyinMI
    traceyinMI Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Nancy, keep doing what you are doing! My stall was 6-7 weeks. It was really tough!
  • Boise_Mom
    Boise_Mom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great job! That's awesome! I started Phen on May 3. In 5 months, I've lost 43.2lbs, which is 21.6% for me. I don't remember the last time I have weighed this little. I am 5'7" and have a lot of muscle, so I probably don't have more than 10lbs to go, if that. I have had stalls, but luckily I can see the patterns which helps. Right now, I am a 10/12. I would like to be a good 10. :)
  • Nancyh59
    Options
    Boise_Mom wrote: »
    Great job! That's awesome! I started Phen on May 3. In 5 months, I've lost 43.2lbs, which is 21.6% for me. I don't remember the last time I have weighed this little. I am 5'7" and have a lot of muscle, so I probably don't have more than 10lbs to go, if that. I have had stalls, but luckily I can see the patterns which helps. Right now, I am a 10/12. I would like to be a good 10. :)

*sigh* I wanna be a 10. But I started in 18s and 16W in May and now my 14s are loose--even if the scale doesn't agree, there is change happening. :-) I put on a dress this morning that I don't even remember buying. It's kind of a tank top dress and when I got to work I realized that it's way too big in the neck. When I move the staps so my bra doesn't show, it causes way too much cleavage to show! My handy desk stapler solved my problem--I stapled my dress to the bra straps--LOL, I'm glad it's not an expensive dress.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    You ladies are doing great! I feel like a failure. :( I started Jan. 1 and I've only lost 17#'s (although right now it says less b/c I logged a water weight day - DUH). I have literally struggled and fought for every pound. But, I'm doing a TON of emotional work along the way so I guess in the long run losing and keeping it off b/c I'm not emotional eating is better. But still........

Tomorrow I start lifting in the gym for the winter (I usually walk outside during good weather) and I'm looking forward to lifting. I followed Bill Phillips Body for Life previously and it works well for me so I'll follow that lifting plan again (not his food plan).
  • Nancyh59
    Options
    traceyinMI wrote: »
    I actually switched to ketogenic diet about 4 months ago. So I follow a formula from http://www.ruled.me/keto-calculator/ to calculate how much carbs/protein/fat to have per day. Keto is a high fat, moderate protein, low carb (less than 20 per day) way of eating that forces your body to use stored fat for energy, instead of carbs. By "starving" it of carbs, it switches into this mode.

Anyway-- I could go on and on.... so I've customized my own macros that I track based on a Keto formula. I don't really pay attention to calories (that is not my goal) but to my fat, carb and protein intake. And I avoid sugar at all costs.

If you want any resources about that, let me know!

Ketogenic is really tough for me to follow. I quit buying bread and crackers etc. over 2 years ago and it definitely helped my husband lose. So, I don't eat any bread stuff at home, but I do eat it when we are out. My husband has gained back though--it's probably all those candy bars he's gone back to eating! :-) I try to keep my carbs low, but if they're from fruits & vegetables I don't worry about them. It's the sugar ones I've got to get rid of.