Charge HR first generation quality

Options
MegNoel
MegNoel Posts: 6 Member
Hey! I bought my first HR charge back in last September - 2015. Wore it everyday took it off to shower and swim. Then in that following march 2016 the back piece broke. Now the screen broke and the rubber lifted and ripped off the band practically in two in September 2016. I'm getting a replacement today.

That's 3 fitbits I've gone through in a year! I do t understand what I'm doing rough I'm not rough with it. I mostly do circuit trainning with a sprinkle of runs and bootcamp in it.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Replies

• dance4fun0617
    dance4fun0617 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, but thus far, only the front plastic piece has come off. I've been putting it back on, but I know one of these days that won't work. Is Fitbit replacing them for you or are you having to buy a replacement? Mine is about 18 months old. I take it off while showering, but otherwise always have it on. I think its the process of connecting/disconnecting for charging that is causing the problem with mine. I don't yank it; perhaps just a bad design.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Yes, but thus far, only the front plastic piece has come off. I've been putting it back on, but I know one of these days that won't work. Is Fitbit replacing them for you or are you having to buy a replacement? Mine is about 18 months old. I take it off while showering, but otherwise always have it on. I think its the process of connecting/disconnecting for charging that is causing the problem with mine. I don't yank it; perhaps just a bad design.

Yes, the design of the back, where the charger plugs in isn't great on the Charge HR. Mine came off a while back. Mine was also about 18 months old, so out of warranty. I sent them a picture of it with the back off and they offered me a 25% discount on a new tracker. So, I got a Charge 2. I love the new features and the bigger display. They've addressed some of the design problems. My husband (who can fix pretty much anything) looked at my Charge HR under his microscope (very useful for working electronics and other small things) and says the design was pretty much bound to fail. On the Charge 2, the charger now clips around the device, so there's no tugging on a plastic piece to get it off. It's nice and secure and with no stress on the tracker. Also, the band (which seems to be made of a slightly different material) comes off on the Charge 2, so if a problem develops with it you can replace the band, without replacing the tracker itself.

After I got my Charge 2, my husband used epoxy to put my Charge HR back together. He didn't want to try it until I had a new one, because there was a non-zero chance it would be ruined. But, it worked, so now he's using it.
  • MegNoel
    MegNoel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had that issue for less than a year so they sent me a replacement.