10/02 Sunday Day 2 SLBC

Options
2»

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    These are terrific "one thing"s! I really like how you've all taken the concept and applied it to make it work in your life. There's no one way or "one thing" that will work for everyone.

And it's great having so many Boot Camp alumni joining us again!
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am a Boot Camp alum from April...and I'm still moving! So, there wasn't anything "easy" to come up with for my "one thing." But, I've felt like such a slug stepping into my car to go places because you don't burn many calories sitting on your duff driving around. So I've decided to get in some extra steps before I leave the house: before I get into the car to go somewhere, I'm going to walk all over my yard picking up sticks. The yard is always full of them, and they need to be picked up. I'll rack up some extra movement every time I leave my house, and I enjoy being in my yard. :smile:
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Now that I am full into online instruction season, it is waaaay too easy to sit down to teach and find myself still there hours later after set up, class, after class duties and final emails to the students. My goal is to set up early enough to take a walking break before the students get there, take a walk after the students leave before finishing the paperwork and set a timer before I start student emails. This may sound like more than 1 thing, but it all falls under the category of taking a walking break after finishing one task before starting the next.
  • CherylPierce
    CherylPierce Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My goal is to rack up at least 10,000 steps on a daily basis. The only way I can accomplish that is to get up from my desk and walk every hour while at work. I get ice, which is at the other end of the building. I use any bathroom other than the one across the hall. I walk to talk to co-workers instead of calling or emailing them. Let's do this!!