bbinoa
bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
Here we go!

Replies

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Glad you got us started again.

Goals: 21 vegan days - I'm not counting calories, but I should be under goal for all my vegan days.
    Exercise: 21 days - This will be a challenge.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    10-1 & 10-2
    Vegan: Yes & Yes
    Goal: 2/21
    Exercise: No & Yes
    Goal: 1/21

Here's to a productive month!
  • Laughter_Girl
    edited October 2016
    Options
    10-3 & 10-4
    Vegan: Yes & Yes
    Goal: 4/21
    Exercise: No & Yes
    Goal: 2/21

Killin it!
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Ok, so it's 5 days into the month and I haven't even come up with goals yet, does that give any indication of how my month is going?? Lol!
    I'll go with 10 workouts and 10 Green days starting now.

How are the vegan recipes @Laughter_Girl? Do you find it easier or harder to follow?
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    10-5
    Vegan: Yes
    Goal: 5/21
    Exercise: Yes
    Goal: 3/21

@bbinoa Glad you set some goals. I was feeling lonely.

The vegan recipes are going good so far. I've been getting ideas/recipes from Isa Moskowitz and a blog called Minalist Baker. My husband has been pleased with some of the recipes too, which is good. I thought I would be craving cheese and butter, but so far so good. Thankfully, it's been relatively easy.

How are you?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I am so late getting here this month. I apologize. I went to a football game on Saturday, got a bad sunburn, was busy on Sunday with family stuff and was $60,000 out of balance on Monday. I found almost all of it, but ended up showing a variance of $110.
    Good news: I have been too busy to mess up my food and exercise goals.

Speaking of goals:
    Stay at or under 1750 net calories. (Except tomorrow, when I am donating blood and will give myself 200 extra)
    Eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
    Walk 10000 steps weekdays and 7000 weekends. (Because my derriere is in a chair at soccer or a bleacher at football every Saturday afternoon.)

I have made my goals every day so far. Tomorrow is going to be a challenge. Work, volunteer at clinic, go to a scout leader meeting. Long day and no time for dinner.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins Glad you're back! Sounds like you're definitely staying busy, and that's working in your favor health-wise.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Didn't do so hot the first day!
    0/10 on. Both. D'oh!! Planning to walk at lunch instead of the gym. It's so nice out!

@Laughter_Girl I get some of the minimalist baker blogs too!
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins wow. Those are great goals!!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    10-6
    Goal: 6/21
    Exercise: No
    Goal: 3/21

My exercise goal is quite ambitious. I've got to get on that one.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    10/6 14k steps, under calories, 5 fruits and veggies.
    Couldn't donate blood because BP was too low. 17 patients at the free clinic. Scout leader training was successful. The words of the day may have been "community service".
  • Laughter_Girl
    edited October 2016
    Options
    10-7
    Goal: 7/21
    Goal: 4/21

Not a bad day.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins Sorry about the not being able to give blood. I hope you were able to at least get the "I tried" sticker. I'm overdue for giving myself. Maybe I'll try to do that tomorrow.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    10-8
    Goal: 8/21

Still aiming for my goals.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins I tried to give blood today but couldn't either. You jinxed me. My BP was too low too. Mine always runs a little low, but it was extremely low today. On the bright side, my iron level was up. The last time I gave, I just squeaked by with that. Poor Kristal. Ha, ha, ha. Plus, they were out of "I tried." stickers. :D

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    10-8
    Goal: 8/21

Still aiming for my goals.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins I tried to give blood today but couldn't either. You jinxed me. My BP was too low too. Mine always runs a little low, but it was extremely low today. On the bright side, my iron level was up. The last time I gave, I just squeaked by with that. Poor Kristal. Ha, ha, ha. Plus, they were out of "I tried." stickers. :D

They must not have needed it this week from either of us. Bummer that neither of us got stickers though. I will have to wait a couple of weeks to give now, I got my flu shot and am no longer feeling well and healthy.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    10-9
    Goal: 9/21
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    10-10
    Goal: 10/21
    Exercise: Nope

Still recovering from yesterday's very hilly 11 mile run/walk. Just trying to prepare for this Sunday's half-marathon. Joy! :#;):D:'(
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    10-11
    Goal: 11/21
    Exercise: Nope

Where oh where did my exercise motivation go?
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Eeek! Not so hot this month!! I've had maybe 4 workouts and only a couple of green days. Oh my :o. Just finding time to check in here has been challenging.

@Laughter_Girl what half marathon are you doing?? Exciting!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    10-12
    Goal: 12/21
    Exercise: Nope again

It can only go up from here...I hope.

@bbinoa I'm doing the Free Press half marathon in Detroit/Canada. Yes, it should be fun. I pray the weather cooperates.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    @Laughter_Girl - awesome! I'll be hoping for good weather for you. Is it this Sat or Sunday? Have a great time! Let us know how you're doing.

I'm still trudging along this month. Did manage a couple of gym days this week and some walking. Finally had my pain-free walk and took a few jogging breaks too! Yippee!! :) The only problem now is the appearance of Halloween candy at my coworker's desks. I've been trick-or-treating around the office :/
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    10-13, 10-14, 10-15 & 10-16
    Vegan: Yes × 4
    Goal: 16/21
    Exercise: Yes, for today only.
    Goal: 7/21

I survived the half marathon. Woohoo! The rain held off until about the last 20 minutes of the race, and then it poured. I was totally wet, and there was nothing I could do about it. Well, the important thing is I finished. Yay me!

@bbinoa Good for you for being able to rub a little. It won't be long before you're fully back at it. Good luck passing on the candy. Thankfully, that's not my weakness. Be strong!