Week 27 Daily Check-In Thread for (Monday October 3rd through Sunday October 9th)

Options
heatherc369
heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
I have totally fallen off the accountability aspect, not eating TOO bad, not working out at all...spending so much time with my son trying to get him to do better at school, academics and attitude ugh now cub scouts.....but I will get back to getting my steps and water this week for sure, and checkign in, and some small workouts and ease back into it....

Replies

• AZLisaLou
    AZLisaLou Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Your son is first and fore-most at the moment. You do need to step back and recharge your "you battery", though too so remember yourself as well. It's rough getting them through school in one mental and physical piece, all the while keeping your own sanity! I've got 4 from 14 to 26....2 over achievers who are prone to meltdowns, 1 under achiever we're trying to help and 1 in prison from a lifetime of mental and emotional issues. I've got a full range! lol But you do the best you can, get all the support you can, don't be afraid to ask for help, remember you time, and just love those kids to pieces to help them get through the tough spots. Sorry for rambling!
  • Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Holy Crap. I'm here to warn you ladies.. I completely said screw it, no excuses, I just did whatever the hell I wanted. Ate whatever, stopped the gym for almost a month, just right back to where I started. My weight has reached ALMOST to where I started. UGH. Soooo... I'm back at MFP today. I'm going to start tracking again daily and getting my *kitten* back to the gym. Starting at a reasonable deficit with lifting, going to see how I do at losing weight over the next 3-4 weeks of that. I'll be back here.. damn I missed you all. Sorry I fell off the radar. It sucked and I'm glad to be back. :)
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Our girls are backkkkk!!!!!!!!! My cold-ridden crappy day just got a glimmer of happy!!!! ;P
    You've both been missed, but we all need to take a break once in a while. Life happens. Life is. And that's OK, but don't do this again...... j.k.!!!!
    I'm with @AZLisaLou on this one, @heatherc369 family first, but don't wait too long to make your time for a little you. This raising kids thing is a marathon, not a sprint! And as far as academics, the system in the US is nuts!!! We're stressing our kids out at such an early age... sad. Then they feel like losers and it brings all kinds of emotional baggage. Ugh.
    Not long ago, I decided that as long as my kids are grasping most of the stuff from school, they don't need straight As. They need variety, play time, love, and healthy food!!
    Anyway!! I will go make some more ginger tea and hope for this yucky cold to go away soon!!!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the kind words ! Love you ladies <3 I know it won't be easy but I will stay on track and my sin will too (as best we can) just trying to find that balance again :)

Welcome back @Kerryatoon ! Glad I haven't been the only bad girl lol

I have been struggling with being able to get my workouts in the past couple weeks, got alot going on. I surpassed my step and water goal, ate within my calories and managed to get in 10 set of each : (20) Squats (12) Lunges (100) Calf Raises....and did some bi's n Tri's (3sets of 15 Bicep curls, hammer curls. Tricep extensions and triceps dips) #goals #abs #UnderConstructuon #WontQuitTilImFit #fitchick #fitness #weightloss #iwantmybodyback #nomorefat #MFP #dedication #commitment #dontwishforitworkforit #determination #timetotone #weightlossjourney #weightlosstransformation #girlswholift #girlswithmuscle #workinprogress #showmetheguns
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    @heatherc369 #thestruggleisreal #icompletelyfrickinunderstand #imbackinblackbitches ;) Glad to hear you're back this week and cutting yourself and your son some slack.. Ahhh.. Momming is so hard!
    @NadiaMayl I'm sad you're sick!! And I missed your encouraging kind heart so much! Definitely needed a break but I'm kinda frustrated that I let so much slide.. BUT I'm celebrating 4 MONTHS smoke free this Thursday!!! So that's one dangol' thing I've got! Yay!
    @AZLisaLou wow what encouraging story you've got.. Bless you with 4 kids! I forget my one just has her own little personality and it's my job to just giude and love her the best I can. Glad to see you're still here! :)
    So today I stayed within my cal goals, got almost to my crazy high protein goal and drank water. I did the gym tonight and had to de-load quite a bit but felt happy to be back and I haven't lost all my strength gains.
    Here's my workout:
    Treadmill walk/jog .75 miles
    Squats 5x5 95lb
    BenchPress 5x5 75lb
    Pendlay rows 5x5 85lb
    Face pulls 3x14 30lbs
    Stair Master 25 stories 80cals burned

So I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow but it felt great. Cool thing was eating at deficit wasn't crazy hard.. I already know how to do it and can take it one day at a time just like I did the smoking. Here's to you all!
    Goodnight Ladies!!!!
    XOXOX!
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    Today I ate within my cal goals & met my protein/macro goals. Super sore from yesterday since I haven't been lifting.. Rest day. Feeling good. Not feeling deprived or hungry at my 1550 cal deficit. We'll see how that works for loss in a few weeks :) Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Yesterday I surpassed my water ans step goals, did my usual 10 sets of each ( 20 squats, 12 lunges, 100 calf raises) no other workout after work because we had cub scouts and homework and all that fun stuff , going to try and get some weighted squats and lunges in tonight :)
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    Good to see you back @Kerryatoon!

@heatherc369 what do you do to reach your step goal each day? Is your goal 10k steps? I have a pedometer that I haven't used in years. I should get it out. I wonder how many steps were in my trip to walmart today.

I bought a Garmin vivofit fitness tracker, but I'm hearing that I probably won't be able to wear it at work. Fast food places have kind of strict policies on jewelry and things on or around the hands. Wedding rings, and that's about it I think. Sooooo, I picked it up from the pickup center at Walmart and then marched right over the customer service desk and returned it. I'm a little disappointed that I couldn't use it. I realized after I bought it that it doesn't have a heart monitor built in. You have to get a chest strap and connect it. No thanks. I don't want to be tied up with wires and straps all day. I guess my little pedometer will be my best bet for now. I'm wondering how many steps I'll get in during a day on my feet at McDonald's.

Bad thing about working at McDonald's? The soda machine. Ugh. I have a huge addiction to soda, and it will be soooooo hard not to guzzle a couple of those a day. Would it be really bad of me to say I can have one? The large is something like 30oz, but with the ice the actual amount of soda is about 18 oz (I measured it one day). So that would be 1.5 cans a day. Then I can work down to a medium a day, and then to a small. Ideally that's how it would work.

I made the mistake of having trail mix today. I make a mix of cashews, m&m's and raisins for my daughter to take to school for a snack. I put in 3/4 cup of mix into each baggie. I didn't realize that one baggie is something like 600 calories!!!!! holy crappoly. That just shot my day all to pieces.

Hope you all are having a good day!!!
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    I'm all halloweened out! It's one of my fave holidays so I decorate inside and out. Including Day of the Dead altar. Hehe so that's my last two days worth of exercise!
    I think, I'm pretty sure, I broke my pinky toe last weekend, so no spin shoes for me in a few. It HURTS a LOT and it's swollen and green and pilurple (u guess it's matching Halloween, ha)! So for now only walking!
    Good on calories, water and steps over goal!
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    @AZLisaLou I'm pretty sure McDonalds can't stop you from wearing a fitness tracker if you say it's for health reasons!! You should ask!!!! And gggguuuurrrrllll, stay away from that sofa machine, you can do it!!!!!
    @heatherc369 hoes the kid liking cubscouts? Mine weren't interested! I was a scout growing up and loved it!!
    @Kerryatoon did you have a good off day!? A bit sore from going back to lifting??!! How does it work if you stop for a few weeks? Do you start lifting at original weight? Or do you try to pick up where you left off?? Super fabulous about the smoke free celebration!!!! What an achievement!!
    Hope everyone is having a good week!!!
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @NadiaMayl yes, I definitely need to stay away from the soda. Maybe I will think about getting another fitness tracker in the near future if I can wear it. You're right....if it's for health can they really argue? But I want one with a heart rate monitor built in. Maybe a fitbit or something a little more top of the line that the garmin vivofit. For now I dusted off my pedometer, got a new battery, reset everything and I've been wearing it around my neck. Since this afternoon I've only done about 700 steps. :neutral: I've got a long ways to go!!!

My day ended up terrible. Tomorrow is a new one.
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    @AZLisaLou I say dropping the soda is probably one of the best things you can do.. I used to be hardcore addicted to soda sometimes drinking 2-3 44oz cokes in a day!!! When I started logging all my food and drinks I started to see that a soda could be replaced by a satisfying, filling food item quite easily so I had to ask myself do I want to drink my calories or eat them? I decided I'd rather eat them :) Seriously I could have a coke or an extra 6 inches of sub sandwich!? lol.. So I switched to unsweetened iced tea.. it took some getting used to but now I absolutely love iced tea! To me soda is too sweet and not really worth the calories anymore. I will have a coke every great once in a while, usually at the movies or on a really hot day outside, but just one and it's definitely a treat. I think once you give it up you'll really be glad you did.. if weaning down is how you get there then great!
    @NadiaMayl your house looks so cute! Sorry to hear about your toe.. definitely heal before you start getting all crazy workout. My stronglifts app suggested that I deload but it wanted me to go WAAAAY down to like 60lb squats!! So I compromised in the middle somewhere.. When I stopped I was doing 5x5 160lb squats.. so I started back at 5x5 95lb. Felt pretty good and I THINK I'm through the worst of the soreness. Going again today.. we'll see! YEAH today is 4 MONTHS SMOKE FREE! :)
    @heatherc369 WOW your pics look amazeballs!!!! You're doing so well.. I'm shooting for a sustained loss this time that will get me looking lean and muscular. Glad to hear you're getting into some weight training. How's that going?

I challenged a lady at my work to a weekly challenge because we are both pretty competitive and with my "break" she also took a break and gained back 5 lbs.. lol
    SO our challenge this week is to log ALL food, every day, and to stay under our cal goals. Whoever doesn't reach goal puts $15 into a jar. Each week will be a new goal.. at the end of 8 weeks whoever won the most challenges gets to keep the money. It's fun because we encourage each other.. kindof like a real life Daily Accountability Group. Well have a good day and stay safe!
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @NadiaMayl I just read @kerryation 's post about pics of your house. I completely missed those! omg, it's so cute! I love all the decorations. I never decorate for anything. Pretty bleak. lol

@Kerryatoon your challenge with your friend sounds like a good competition. That will be some good motivation for you.

@heatherc369 I dug out my pedometer as I have been inspired by you always posting that you've surpassed your step goals. What is your goal number? I've got a long ways to go. I've only hit 400 steps and its 11:00am already.

My day is starting of ok. I haven't had any soda yet today. I drank milk this morning instead. I had one pineapple chunk (someone ate the rest :( ) and half a peanut butter and apple butter sandwich on whole wheat bread. It was suuuuper delicious. But I tested my blood a while later and it was spiked up to over 200! I'm pretty sure it's the apple butter that is spiking my sugars. pooh! It's so yummy! And I've still got 1.5 pints of it left lol.

• AZLisaLou
    Options
    I used my pedometer yesterday for the first time. All day long I only did about 2000 steps. Today during my first shift of work (6 hours) I did almost 3100. Needless to say, I was a busy girl at work. Maybe it will help get my exercise up a bit. Even standing for 6 hours....Usually I'm in bed watching tv. lol So I know I burned more than usual.
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    Good Job Lisa :) I'm just checking in to say I've met my calorie goals for the last 5 days. This weekend will be a challenge because I've committed to logging all weekend and I usually don't do that soooo.. Woohoo! I'm FINALLY not sore anymore..lol! I'm going to the gym tomorrow to lift again. I'll be checking in here to report on my progress. Hope everyone is doing well.. Thinking about you @heatherc369 I hope you're safe and all is well for you!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    AZLisaLou wrote: »
    Good to see you back @Kerryatoon!

@heatherc369 what do you do to reach your step goal each day? Is your goal 10k steps? I have a pedometer that I haven't used in years. I should get it out. I wonder how many steps were in my trip to walmart today.

I bought a Garmin vivofit fitness tracker, but I'm hearing that I probably won't be able to wear it at work. Fast food places have kind of strict policies on jewelry and things on or around the hands. Wedding rings, and that's about it I think. Sooooo, I picked it up from the pickup center at Walmart and then marched right over the customer service desk and returned it. I'm a little disappointed that I couldn't use it. I realized after I bought it that it doesn't have a heart monitor built in. You have to get a chest strap and connect it. No thanks. I don't want to be tied up with wires and straps all day. I guess my little pedometer will be my best bet for now. I'm wondering how many steps I'll get in during a day on my feet at McDonald's.

Bad thing about working at McDonald's? The soda machine. Ugh. I have a huge addiction to soda, and it will be soooooo hard not to guzzle a couple of those a day. Would it be really bad of me to say I can have one? The large is something like 30oz, but with the ice the actual amount of soda is about 18 oz (I measured it one day). So that would be 1.5 cans a day. Then I can work down to a medium a day, and then to a small. Ideally that's how it would work.

I made the mistake of having trail mix today. I make a mix of cashews, m&m's and raisins for my daughter to take to school for a snack. I put in 3/4 cup of mix into each baggie. I didn't realize that one baggie is something like 600 calories!!!!! holy crappoly. That just shot my day all to pieces.

Hope you all are having a good day!!!

Goal is 10k a day, I pace at work...like a lot lol
  • heatherc369
    Options
    NadiaMayl wrote: »
    @AZLisaLou I'm pretty sure McDonalds can't stop you from wearing a fitness tracker if you say it's for health reasons!! You should ask!!!! And gggguuuurrrrllll, stay away from that sofa machine, you can do it!!!!!
    @heatherc369 hoes the kid liking cubscouts? Mine weren't interested! I was a scout growing up and loved it!!
    @Kerryatoon did you have a good off day!? A bit sore from going back to lifting??!! How does it work if you stop for a few weeks? Do you start lifting at original weight? Or do you try to pick up where you left off?? Super fabulous about the smoke free celebration!!!! What an achievement!!
    Hope everyone is having a good week!!!

One meeting and 1 event in and he is liking it so far...we will see how long it lasts lol
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Kerryatoon wrote: »
    Good Job Lisa :) I'm just checking in to say I've met my calorie goals for the last 5 days. This weekend will be a challenge because I've committed to logging all weekend and I usually don't do that soooo.. Woohoo! I'm FINALLY not sore anymore..lol! I'm going to the gym tomorrow to lift again. I'll be checking in here to report on my progress. Hope everyone is doing well.. Thinking about you @heatherc369 I hope you're safe and all is well for you!

We didn't lose any power or have any damage thank goodness....just 3 days full of movies and laziness lol
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    Good evening my pretties! I'm doing well. Been logging for 10 days so that's good. Was under cal goals today and went to lift tonight. Felt really good! I am chugging water right now like I've never tasted it..lol. Will be making a new challenge for myself with the lady at work. Last week we both had one day where we went over goal so there's already $30 in the pot! Eeek! I'll tell you all what the new challenge is tomorrow. Got a good workout in.. Definitely didn't lose all my progress during my month off lifting. Here's my workout:
    .75 mi walk/run treadmill
    5x5 squat 100lbs
    5x5 ohp 55lbs
    Deadlift 1x5 115lbs, 1x5 135lbs
    Finished with 20 stories on stair climber

I hope I don't hurt as much as I did last time. Looking forward to getting back where I wasn't ever sore.
    Hope everyone is doing well and I'm so so glad to be back with you.
    XOXOX!