Question - what are your triggers?

Options
One of the things I'm struggling with are eating triggers. I'm not 50+ pounds overweight because I'm always hungry; in fact, I'm rarely truly stomach-growling hungry. I'm overweight because I choose food as a way to deal with anxiety, stress, irritability, boredom, etc. To anyone in the group who has similar issues, what situations tend to trigger unhealthy eating, and what do you find helps you overcome those temptations?

Replies

• BrownieKitty12345
    BrownieKitty12345 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of triggers. I think my biggest one is PMS because I get so very hungry for 2-3 days and nothing can fill me up so I am constantly eating. Another trigger I have is stress. It over came me while I was planning me wedding and honeymoon. I've gained 30lbs in the past year. :( And another trigger I used to have is migraines. I would always drink a soda and eat chocolate with migraines which seemed to help. (thankfully haven't had migraines in last two months.)
  • mfezziwig359
    mfezziwig359 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh, I feel for you with the migraines. Those are miserable. (And I won't say anything against whatever helps you get through them.)
  • kdeclerq
    kdeclerq Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi Meow and Mfexxiwig! Sorry about being MIA - went through some rough stuff and just walked about from Fitness Pal for a while. But I'm glad to see that others have started using this group. For me, stress and just emotions in general are a strong trigger. If I'm sad or frustrated I'll get a treat, and then it's over for that day - just eating all the time. PMS is really bad to, but mine generally lasts about a week, which really sucks.