10/08 Saturday Day 8 SLBC

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
ya3iz1y7ph58.jpg

Today's Challenge: Enjoy your Saturday but please make it an active one. There are lots of ways to keep moving. Gardening and yard tending, walking with a friend, checking out a local farmer's market or going for a bike ride are a few of the many possibilities!

Supplemental Weekend Reading:
A neuroscientist says there’s a powerful benefit to exercise that is rarely discussed
http://qz.com/592569/a-neuroscientist-says-theres-a-powerful-benefit-to-exercise-that-is-rarely-discussed/

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Although we don't typically have a formal challenge on the weekends, we hope you'll chime in and let us know what fun activities you're doing this weekend!

I'm going for a walk! The fall foliage here in northern New England is beautiful!

Enjoy your weekend!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,004 Member
    Options
    The Farmers' Market is part of my Saturday morning chores. I'll meet up with my sister there, and we'll head off to a workout at Curves. Sunday I'm hoping to do a bit of dancing practice after church, but I'll see if I'm able to rustle up a few victims, I mean partners. :)
  • hollyhock1009
    hollyhock1009 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This weekend is Thanksgiving here in Canada. For us we have a dinner planned out at a restaurant late this afternoon. Because I was ill 1 day this week, I am still catching up on house stuff this AM, and plan to do my 30 minutes exercising tonight. I will read the supplemental reading later on.
    We do have a hike planned for Monday though.
  • allmannerofthings
    allmannerofthings Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    That article is great motivation - especially for those of us trying to age gracefully!
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    It's a little rainy here, but so far, I've been able to walk 1.5 miles outside. Later, I'm going shopping and walking all over the place. Exercise + Retail Therapy = Sheer Joy!!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the good read! Deal with stress + improve memory - I need to exercise every second of every day!
  • LogR4Life
    LogR4Life Posts: 62 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Off to the local fall fair! Lots of walking and enjoying the beautiful fall day!!! The article on the added benefit of exercise was also pretty inspiring!
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    We met up with another couple at our town's farmers market here in Germany and ended up walking about town for about an hour or so. I didn't get the steps in that I would have liked to today, but it was a good day.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Today we walked to a local restaurant. Later in the day we took the dog for a walk. I am in the process of getting ready for a vacation and trying on clothes to see what fits and start packing!
  • CherylPierce
    CherylPierce Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Went thrift store shopping with my daughter. Found some good stuff and got in a lot of steps!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you all had a great Saturday!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,004 Member
    Options
    @hollyhock1009 Happy Thanksgiving! :)