Help please!

Options
Iam on week 6 of stronglifts, 5'2 my starting weight was 124lbs, my goal was to gain strength lose fat and hopefully gain some newbie muscles!
I knew getting results was not going to be easy hence my goals maybe mutually exclusive as some would say, BUT I didn't know i'll end up 8 pounds heavier!!
On the first 2 weeks i kept my calorie intake around 1650 but i was miserably hungery all the TIME!! And i was still gaining weight, the lifts where so hard to pull although i was just beginning with bar weights!
I got frustrated of being tired and hungry so I started adding calories, too bad i wasn't counting just estimating. Maybe i ended up eating 2000 calories a day. Which was supposed to be my TDEE mantainace according to an online calculator.
So what do you guys think? should i let go the recomp idea and start Cut/bulk cycles.. if i cut my lifts will suffer and iam just beginning, if i bulk i'll get way heavier than I could mentally handle :(
Regarding lifts I started with bar weights my results currently are:
Squat: 48 kg (105 lbs)
Deadlifts: 63 kg (138 lbs)
Bench and OHP: 23 kg (50 lbs)
Row 30 kg: (65lbs)

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    first off, wow weights. obviously what you're doing is making you strong :)

about the rest of it, i don't know. the super-hungry i do relate to, but i'm very casual about how i deal with it. if i'm more interested in trying to make the scale drop, i eat less and lift less aggressively. if i'm feeling fat and sassy (hah) and willing to risk a little more on the scale in exchange for feeling badass on the weights, then i eat.

sorry not to be more helpful. it's really a pretty personal call, and for myself i just monitor how my body's feeling/reacting and then wing it from there according to what's most important to me at the time.
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I think I kind of know what you're going through. I was wanting to bulk and for a while I was not counting cals, just eating well and plenty and now im on my 7th week. Then my family were like "Are you putting on weight?" I felt terrible about myself, given I was working pretty hard! and I felt tempted to start cutting even though in my heart I really felt it would make my lifting suffer and I was feeling strong and had plenty of energy. So I pretty much now am just eating at maintenance and I have told my family what my goals are so they back off, and I'm like okay, this is what I need to do for now to gain strength and muscles on my body and then further down the track I will cut very small deficit at a time :) You just need to I think get past the mental feeling of "OMG I'M FAT" and accept that no your body isnt where you want it RIGHT now, but you can't look at a nice slab of marble and say Oh hey that's a crappy looking temple, can you? Have patience with yourself, because it's not finished. So you keep on working on your temple and it will be even more amazing.
  • fatimaelmustafa
    fatimaelmustafa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great replays, they definitely inspired me to wait and see .. 6 month from now I'll reasses the situation and see if i'll cut or maybe i'll be happy with what i have regardless of the scale weight ..