Ok, so I'm somewhat back to normal so...

Options
Deena_Bean
Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
I'm rejoining the ranks once again. My neck sprain and trap strain are all better and I started my lifts again last week. Being off for a month meant a 50% deload, which in many of the lifts meant 'bar weight' only...or very close. I'm moving along, though. The nice thing about the re-start is how quickly the sessions go and how quickly you scale up the weights lol. I still hate squats. It doesn't matter how heavy they are, they suck haha. I guess that's not going to change, so I'm just gonna roll with it. I think when I hit a weight that feels reasonable to me I just won't try pushing beyond it. I'm not trying to beef up or win any contests - so it's ok to just stop at a good weight (usually this is in the 120 lb area for me)?

Before Injury weights:
Squat: 125 lbs
OHP: 75 lbs
Dead: 145 lbs
Bench: 90 lbs
Rows: 90 lbs

Where I'm at now (next lifts of each):
Squat: 80 lbs
OHP: 55 lbs
Dead: 100 lbs
Bench: 60 lbs
Row: 60 lbs

So I'm a little behind, but I'm in my 2nd week being back now, so it won't be long. Now to get a little cardio in there...

Replies

• 5minty
    5minty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good to see you back Deena_Bean :-) I also hurt my neck at the beginning of the summer and there is nothing worse :-( so I am just back too!