TEAM THREE

Options

Replies

• smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Hi Team - I will be redoing last week for my challenge. I enjoyed the dancing, steps and staying under calories. I need to continue to stay under calories with Christmas and both of my sons bdays coming. I know I will indulge those days. :)

I love the info shared about the destination every week. I am sure it takes a lot of time to do this, so thank you!
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I decided not to run yet...I'll wait til I've been on meds at least a week for fear of pushing it too far too fast again. BUT! I did do one of each of the ab videos today, so I'm halfway finished with that! I'm off now to choose which other challenge I want to do, but like @smile_laughter I could use one more week of staying under calories before the real holiday stuff hits. Then, like a couple of you suggested, I may switch to maintenance to make it through. Here we go!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just checked out the next destination, and it looks great!!

@BJerzy --glad you are on the mend.

@smile_laughter --I'm also shooting for at least 5 days under goal this week.

I'm really happy with the abs challenge b/c it's something I always need to work on more. I think I will do 2 videos tomorrow and 2 on Thursday--trying to plan them earlier so if life gets in the way, I'll still have time to finish the challenge this weekend.

I also like the choice challenge--I'm leaning toward running another 5k, but I haven't made up my mind for sure yet, but it would be perfect to do it on Saturday and make up for all of the extra calories I will be eating and drinking that evening at our holiday faculty party.
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hello team!

I did the Japanese rajio taiso stretching for my warmup yesterday but I also intend to repeat the 30 minutes jump rope this week. I like the former bcos it's a quick warmup that targets the full body...and the jump rope was one challenge which I struggled with the most. I am a glutton for punishment!

Busy week bcos of too many appointments for the kids, so the plan is to little here and there and hit at least an hour everyday.
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi team,
    Challenge 2 - complete. I chose to do the 5k Turkey Trot. (i did it on my treadmill today as there is literally a blizzard happening outside!) I decided on this challenge because it is one that I didn't get to finish during the race . So now I did!
    Also, did the 6 min ab video!

• skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    1. Running
    2. Lifting weights
    3. Eggs for breakfast
    4. Lots of veggies
    5. Posting in my support thread
    6. Weighing in everyday
    7. Not sweating the daily scale fluctuations
    8. Drinking lots of water
    9. Shorter but more frequent workouts

@MissionEnforcer
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hi all!
    Not much exercise--too cold to walk the dog. Actually, I've walked him in much colder weather, but these first few really frigid days are always hard. Soon, I will acclimate and be out walking in much colder temps.

I did do each of the ab workouts once tonight.

@enuf200 --I really need the challenge of another 5k before the holidays. :smile:

@samra338 --you are a glutton for punishment doing that jump rope challenge again. Way to go!
  • enuf2
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer -Thank you for another successful race and all the work you and @hawkins410 put into it. Happy Holidays!

1. drink more water
    2. continue eating healthy lunches at work
    3. 2 days of strength training/week
    4. move more throughout day
    5. log the good and the not so good days
    6. variety in workouts
    7. mindful of snacking - be sure they fit in calorie goal
    8. its ok to take a break
    9. Bought snowshoes for hubby and I
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    enuf200 wrote: »
    @MissionEnforcer -Thank you for another successful race and all the work you and @hawkins410 put into it. Happy Holidays!

1. drink more water
    2. continue eating healthy lunches at work
    3. 2 days of strength training/week
    4. move more throughout day
    5. log the good and the not so good days
    6. variety in workouts
    7. mindful of snacking - be sure they fit in calorie goal
    8. its ok to take a break
    9. Bought snowshoes for hubby and I

Now I want to try Snowshoeing!! (Maybe not in Vegas but still.. :) ).
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,421 Member
    Options
    enuf200 wrote: »

Agree wholeheartedly! You guys are great and this has been a super fun challenge!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!

I have been working on "Climb the Inca Trail" as one of my choices this week. I like the stair challenges as it forces me to keep moving during the day at work. Our office is on the third floor so I take one stairway down and another up. I not only get to work on my stair challenge, but I also get in some steps!

I haven't done the abs videos yet. My internet at home really sucks with youtube videos and I have no clue why as netflix works just fine. Lots of buffering and waiting :) I'm also working on my list of lifestyle choices. I should hopefully be able to post them later today!

And..last night I took a run in the cold and it felt amazing! I could have kept going and going but as I'm still working through C25K I didn't want to risk any injuries (like my knee a couple of weeks ago - which is FINALLY better!) I need to go buy a ski mask or something - my face got pretty darn cold!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer
    1. Logging, Logging, Logging....everything (the good and the bad!)
    2. Water! (Keep up the hydration!)
    3. Walking during my lunch hour
    4. Running 2 - 3 times a week (even in subzero temps)
    5. Yoga!!! Stretch those muscles
    6. Make sure I get in enough healthy fat each and every day
    7. Watch my carbs - must stay below 40 net grams per day
    8. Learn to enjoy the holidays and birthdays. It's ok to have a little treat but need to get right back to my healthy eating afterwards!
    9. Try new recipes. I am utterly food bored so it's time to start getting more imaginative!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi sorry I've been missing in action but I've had the flu only just beginning to surface and still not well at all. I'll try my best this week but I can't workout only walk my dog for short periods of time. I don't even know what the challenges are this week I've not been well enough to look.
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't checked in more often. Another huge week at work (been getting in before six and back home after seven -at least have made time for break/lunch walks/sprints ). Finally a day at home. Tried to spray down the house with disinfectant and change /clean everything. Decided I am done with being sick. Got in an awesome workout this am (was so focused on getting that in forgot to watch the Vancouver videos at the same time (will do Friday as have not yet seen them). And did one of each of the abs videos tonight. Will start on my list of 9 items ...
    As for my pick. Am not yet certain really buggered up that I didn't even manage the dance videos last week so my ego is harping on me to attack it and conquer. However my vanity is thinking squats =nice booty and I love to squat. Will let you know when I decide
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hey guys! I decided to do my 5k today. I may still do another one on Saturday, but at least I've got the challenge done in case something interferes with that plan.
  • enuf2
    Options
    Where is everyone?? LOL! I am going back to work after being off for the last 3 days due to the blizzard that started on tuesday! Gotta love snow days! Living and working in a rural school has its benefits! ;) Really got used to being home...retirement doesn't look so scary anymore! . I shovelled snow yesterday and I did the 6 minute ab workout. 3/4 on that challenge.
    Hope you all have a great friday!
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I am at 3/4 for the abs workout (just one of the dumbbell workouts remaining)

Rajio taiso 8/10 and jump rope 15/30 so far.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Climb the Inca Trail - DONE!

Still need to do the videos...maybe I can tackle it tonight??
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    1-sleep eight hours. This one has always been hard especially with sick children
    2-don't let my desk job be an excuse , move on breaks
    3- limit coffee , the more coffee usually the more snacks (and seriously my go to amazing side kick is of course chocolate )
    4-do more after my workouts, just because I put aside time for set workouts doesn't mean it has to be the only workout that day
    5- up my weights , don't just pick up the same size as last week. Challenge my body
    6-trust my body signals more , listen when it says I am hungry. It's not my mind saying so anymore my body needs fuel
    7- food is fuel , when picking options consider that food is fuel always helps me make better and wiser decisions
    8-drink water over juices or anything else (particularly coffee)

9- try rock climbing , I have always had poor upper body strength compared to lower body (horse back rider here ) I was given a gift certificate with my husband for an indoor rock climbing session. I think I have the guts now to try at least an indoor so that one day we can pick a place with an awesome view to do outside for real.
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    AHHHHH!! Lost! Discombobulated.. I woke not understanding anything about my agenda today. I think it started just before my flight yesterday.
    I'm lost, in a hotel room. I don't know what I'm doing, 150% motivated to do it tho! ;)
    I feel ALIVE and AWAKE... And under the influence if I didn't know better. Ha! ;) I think an hour or two of working out while watching Fred Claus should... Well actually.. That might not warrant a reaction of clarity but.. I'm doing it nonetheless!
    May the confusion of my day not pass on to yours but may my motivation spread vastly through Team 3!!