Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

TEAM TWO

Replies

• PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    I will see what I can come up with.
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 875 Member
    I need motivation to keep moving and eating healthy as well. @lbenson2006 could you continue to lead me until the next amazing race :blush: Maybe come up with a weekly challenge for me to complete ? And I like the spreadsheet idea as well @jdelaroy
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    @energyseeker - Kim, I will try to come up with something and we'll stick to that Monday - Sunday schedule, don't u think? Also, any team mates have any suggestions of things they need/want to focus on, feel free to throw some thoughts out there. It will be very simple, sorry, I won't be able to make it nice and pretty like Clarice does. She has to put untold amounts of time into making that so detailed and informative. It's amazing.
  • lbenson2006
    Below is the average weekly minutes for everyone who finished with us. Those who were with us less than the 8 weeks have their numbers based on the weeks they participated. I was thinking maybe this could be used to set up weekly goals for us as individuals for those who need that extra motivation during this break in the game. Please let me know of other suggestions and I will try to post something by tomorrow evening of some ideas for keeping us motivated in the coming weeks. Thanks!!

Name - Avg. Weekly Minutes
    lbenson2006 - 389
    Annampea - 238
    belle_reve9 - 242
    Brittanypomales - 259
    dwood1231 - 263
    energyseeker - 441
    jamaicanlady - 337
    Jdelaroy - 421
    jenilla1 - 393
    Joanna2012B - 838
    kimmy5280 - 696
    llmg970 - 203
    lynnjano - 649
    Mark_ - 376
    motivated sister- 356
    murdog3t - 918
    Raasy - 439
    sabreena86 - 342
    seylerg344 - 310
    twinmom_112002- 644
  • energyseeker
    thanks @lbenson2006 for the stats I'll try to keep up my average minutes, I need the extra exercise to counteract all the holiday eating. I'll post here to keep me accountable.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I have had only a few bursts of activity since the race, but for the most part I've been slacking hard. It's cold lately and I just want to hibernate. The race made me get up and move. What a slacker I've become! At least the SoCal winters are short. It will be Spring here in no time, and that's when I go beast mode. I can only imagine how bad I would be if I lived up North!!! I'd just curl up in a ball and sleep the whole time...

q8ncr9fd3pu2.jpg
  • lbenson2006
    That pic is so cute!!!
    I'm definitely glad almost all my exercise is done indoors or I'd be in hibernation mode right now for sure. Current temp is 11...wind chill -7. Too cold. Trying to convince the dogs to go out right now...pretty impossible! We had a poorly timed ice event Friday afternoon right before evening commute and it took me 5 hours to make what would normally take 35 minutes under good conditions. A coworker ended up having to stop at a rest area because her possible exits were closed due to accidents. She didn't get home til 3 am. Crazy!!
  • lbenson2006
    edited December 2016
    You will have to bear with me as I try to figure out the technology piece of this. I am thinking of making this a challenge for this week. Maybe try to do this 3 times during the week. Also going to come up with an accountability piece.
    Couldn't get the pdf to attach so I think I have the link below.

http://darebee.com/workouts/inner-thighs-workout.html
  • lbenson2006
    edited December 2016
    So for anyone wanting a little motivation as to getting minutes in, etc. as requested by @energyseeker, here it is.

With it being Christmas week, I think we need to have a little flexibility. For the minutes, I think trying to get to 75% of your average should be a good goal to set. The weekend is probably going to be very hard for many people to get minutes in so that still leaves the work week. 5 out of 7 days is a little over 71%, so I think 75 is a good goal for this week.

As for the challenge piece, in the coming weeks I will try to think of giving a set of choices for an exercise piece and giving an accountability piece. For this week, I propose doing the inner thigh workout 3 times this week. I would say base the number of sets with your individual body but would count one set as meeting the minimum for the challenge.

For the accountability piece, let's do a veggie/fruit challenge. To get to count this as successful, we must have 5 servings of fruits and veggies per day for 5 of 7 days. This one will be hard for me, as for some reason fruits and veggies are the last thing I typically go for. :#
  • energyseeker
    thank you @lbenson2006 This will definitely help me stay motivated. I did one set of the inner thigh workout tonight. The side leg raises were the most difficult , felt it in my hip joints. Love the website you linked, never been on it before. The fruits and vegies challenge will also be hard for me. Sending my hubby to the grocery store tomorrow to get me a variety to choose from this week. My dish to pass for my parents Christmas dinner on Friday will definitely be a fruit and vegie tray.
  • lbenson2006
    I hadn't been there before, either. Just happened to come across that one on Pinterest.
    Looked around a bit but not much. Did their quick warmup this morning before starting my workout. That's one place I fail a lot when I'm not doing a video. I got my first set of the inner thigh workout in today. Those side leg lifts were difficult. Interesting how high the picture shows their leg getting and comparing that to how high mine got. :D Got in 57 minutes so far! :)
    Pretty sure there's going to be a fruit and veggie tray at mine too....now. lol. One hard part will be trying to figure out what counts as a serving.
  • lbenson2006
    According to the 2005 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, you should consume between five and 13 servings of fruits and vegetables each day. This is equivalent to about 2 1/2 to 6 1/2 cups daily, depending on the amount of calories you need to consume for your weight and level of activity. For example, if you take in 2,000 calories daily, you should consume nine servings, equivalent to about 4 1/2 cups. These servings should be divided about equally between fruits and vegetables -- four to five servings of each daily.

So looks like 1/2 cup is a serving.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Hey, I was/am sick. I will try and look at the spreadsheet and get something together for everyone. I will let you know how it goes.
  • jenilla1
    According to the 2005 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, you should consume between five and 13 servings of fruits and vegetables each day.

13 servings? I'm doomed!

I'll just try for the 5 and see what happens. I should be able to get that today. Just went shopping yesterday. (I always have plenty of fruit/veg in the beginning of the week, and then hardly anything left later on... :/
  • lbenson2006
    jdelaroy wrote: »
    Hey, I was/am sick. I will try and look at the spreadsheet and get something together for everyone. I will let you know how it goes.

Hope you get to feeling better soon. If it's too hard to figure out, I could always message mission enforcer and see if he'd help us out. :)
  • lbenson2006
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    According to the 2005 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, you should consume between five and 13 servings of fruits and vegetables each day.

13 servings? I'm doomed!

I'll just try for the 5 and see what happens. I should be able to get that today. Just went shopping yesterday. (I always have plenty of fruit/veg in the beginning of the week, and then hardly anything left later on... :/

I think 5 is a really good place to start for me. Probably will never make it to 13. That'd be crazy. Lol
  • jenilla1
    ...So for example yesterday I used 1 cup of spinach to make a green smoothie with banana, frozen strawberries and blueberries which was 1 serving of veggies and 2 servings of fruits.

Great idea. We need a green smoothie challenge in the next race! ;)

On weights days I make a protein shake and instead of using ice, I use frozen blueberries and frozen mango or pineapple. That's 2 fruit servings right there. I guess I need to make my shakes on non-weights days, too...Thanks for the reminder!

• lbenson2006
    Great ideas Tameika. I haven't done smoothies or stir fry in a while. Need to get back to that. I did manage to get in at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies today so 1 for 1! Skipped gym so still at 57 minutes which is 15% of my weekly average.
  • energyseeker
    I got the thigh exercises done, not sure about minutes. I'm walking faster, standing straighter, holding in my abs, deep breathing throughout my work days. I also have been stretching upon arising. I got in 5 fruit/veggies but don't think they were full servings.