Week 29 Daily Check-In Thread for (Monday October 17th through Sunday October 23rd)

Options
heatherc369
heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
Let's do this!

Replies

• Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    WHOOP!
    @NadiaMayl I'm thinking about you!
    @AZLisaLou hang in there with the new job.. starting something new is always stressful. You can do it!
    @heatherc369 hope you're doing better with your kiddo and school stuff.

I'm back at work this week. Smoke free. Went for a 5 mile bike ride with my kiddo yesterday and we had a blast! I'm going to the gym tonight for weights so I'm excited. Still eating at deficit and doing the challenge with my co-worker.. wish me luck!
  • AZLisaLou
    AZLisaLou Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    @Kerryatoon congrats on staying smoke free! How long has it been now?

You ladies do so well with your exercising. One day I'll be like you. Just not today. lol. I did walk over 3000 steps at work and up until about 1:00. I took my pedometer off, so I don't know how much more I've done. But at last check it was nearly a mile. I'm happy with that. Oh man, my body is soooo sore from working on my feet! My body is NOT used to this. You should see me try to bend over and pick something up off the floor at work. My stomach is fat so it gets in the way, my back is stiff so it doesn't want to bend, and my knees crack. I'm like a 90 year old woman trying to bend over. I hope my body adjusts soon and stops screaming at me!

Doing better with the soda. I had 1 this afternoon but none before, during or after work which is a huge win. Some work days I was drinking about 18 oz before work, about 12 oz during work and about another 20 oz after work. That's a lot of ozs! Tons of calories and carbs. But I'm doing better with being back on Sprite Zero.

@NadiaMayl and @heatherc369 hope you both are doing great!
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm here, I'm here! I'm keeping up... Just not with the gym! =< which is driving me bananas, but it will come... Had allergist appointments for myself in the am and again with kid #1 in the pm... I'll be tested next week, kid got tested today, he has no allergies, yay, but then why is he snoring, not able to breathe? Deviated septum, inflamed membranes, chronic sinus infection.... But still not the root of the problem, boo! Allergies would've been easier, get immunotherapy and in a few years you're allergy free... Oh well.
    Allergist also seems to agree that my anxiety spikes have to do with birth control.... So before I start celexa, I'm going off birth control pill, see if I notice a difference! I'll have to speak to Gyn about other methods to reduce heavy, painful cycles... Sigh, isn't womanhood fab?!
    @AZLisaLou don't be so hard on yourself about your present shape and fitness, you're here, which is more than others can say! Small steps, you'll see your body will slowly adapt to the challenges of work! Try to remember giving yourself some love, it works deeply in the psyche!
    @Kerryatoon you're not wasting time, friend! Awesome to see your progress in the weight check thread, I will have to copy your re-motivation! I'm not done yet!!!!
    @heatherc369 were here for you, lady! Come say hi!
    Ohhhh by the way, are your kiddos frrrrrreaked out by these stupid killer clowns? My poor #2 is mortified that someone dressed as a clown is going to attack him on Halloween! :(
    Ok, off to sleep some now! Y'all behave and be good to yourselves!
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @NadiaMayl I hope you are able to figure out with is wrong with kid #1. maybe he should have a sleep study done to see why he is snoring? Thank you for your words about being easy on myself.

As for me, yesterday I had one of my best days in a very long time. Throughout the day I walked over a mile. I was about 500 calories under goal, and I was only 7 grams over goal on carbs. I could have eaten more, but I was trying really hard to keep my carbs in check. I did have a soda yesterday, which I wish I could have said no too, so that made my carbs max out. I made spaghetti for dinner (I've made the change to whole wheat noodles btw), but I opted not to have any because the pasta would have destroyed my carb count. So I had an apple with peanut butter for dinner instead. Yummy!!!

Yesterday afternoon my glucose reading was only 110 and after dinner it was only 130. This morning, however, it was back up to 154. I'm not understanding why my morning readings (which are should be the lowest of the day) are my highest of the day. Very baffling at times. I go in to get my blood work for my A1c done 11/10 and then I'll see the dr about a week after that, so I'll get to ask all my questions. I better make a list as I think about them, or I'll forget everything when I go in. Have you ever done that...think you have all your questions memorized and when you get there you stare blankly at the dr.? lol

I don't know if this job is for me. I'm stressing about it too much. I had another hard day yesterday. 5.5 hours with no break, and got let out 25 minutes after my shift ended. They're supposed to offer me accommodations by law for my disabilities. When I talked to the one manager we discussed shorter shifts, breaks and the fact that I can't work past 10am. All 3 of which were disregarded by the general manager yesterday. Very frustrating. I don't know if my stability will stay intact if I keep working this job. I even dream about it lol.

Sorry for rambling. Hope you all have a great day!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    All of my energy and time lately has been going to my son. He is doing much better thanks for asking ladies :) But it's making it difficult to get my workouts in, my eating is till on point 95% of the time, I still get 10 k steps 95% of the time and Mon-Fri while at work I still get on my 10 sets each (20 squats, 12 lunges and 100 standing calf raises) 95% of the time...so I am not just not doing anything ya know? But I keep kicking myself thinking I could have those guns and abs by now had I stuck to my routine ugh.....but right now I am just focusing on the above and to not reverting back to my old eating habits :)
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    @AZLisaLou I've been smoke free for 135 days today! Glad to hear your excitement about having a good day.. it really does make for a bump in self esteem when we are treating ourselves with care. :)
    @NadiaMayl hope your son's sleep will get cleared up soon! I had to have a deviated septum fixed and it made a huge difference in my sleep and overall quality of breathing. Nothing wrong with focusing on other things besides exercise.
    @heatherc369 glad to hear your son is doing better.. my daughter has had problems with school and this year is finally kindof coming out of a fog.. 5th grade has been good for her so far.. she even got honor roll! :) Sounds like you're doing great at maintenance.. I'm hoping to be able to find that balance when I'm through losing weight.. so keep it up girl!

As for me I did a helluva workout on Monday that I forgot to post here.. I went to the gym late and then scrambled to get my calories in before bed. My soreness is getting better and I'm expecting that I'll be back to normal within the next week or so. I'll be going to the gym again tonight.. but will be there LATE. Oh well.. gotta get it in before Thursday so I don't have to pay $15.. lol.

Here's my Monday workout:

1/2 mile walk/jog on treadmill
    Barbell squats: 5x5 105 lb
    Bench press: 5x5 80 lb (back to my max before the break)
    Barbell rows: 5x5 90 lb
    Face pulls: 3x15 40 lb
    Kneeling pully crunches: 3x15 60 lbs
    Stair climber: 18 stories to finish off.. Felt GREAT!
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @heatherc369 guns and abs are definitely not as important as your son. Glad he's doing better. Just like @kerryatoon said, looks like you're doing great at maintenance. Good for you!

@kerryatoon Your Monday workout looks exhausting and invigorating at the same time. 18 stories??? Holy cow. About a year ago I had to climb 5 in a parking garage and I thought I was going to die. lol. You're doing great at keeping up with your challenge. Keep it going and you'll have a nice shopping trip! What if no one wins? Will the pot carry over to the next challenge?

My eating is back on track. yea! I feel good about it and the fact that I'm only having a few sips of soda here and there. Nothing like 50-60 oz a day like I was doing! Maybe 12-15oz on a bad day. Needless to say, without the soda I'm doing much better on my calories and especially my carbs. My blood sugars are grateful!

After much thought and consideration, I'm thinking this job is not the right one for me. I'm going to give it another couple weeks to see if I grow to like it and it does well for me. However, it's giving me nightmares (literally) and causing me a lot of anxiety. I stress so much about going because I don't know if I'm going to have a great day, or a really bad day which is not good for my stability. I'm so lucky in that our life does not require me to work. But I do have to pay off my credit card, which means I need to work. I like working and like the idea of having a job. I just don't think this is the right one. We'll see. I'll give it another week or two.
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Trying to be active and include my son, we all went to play basketball within 20 mins my ankle snapped ugh Its broken.... that should definitely help me getting back to working out LOL
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Whew... It really must be witches and ghouls month... It's cray cray. Kid # 1 on meltdown about how hard all his pre-AP classes are and how he didn't choose to get out in them (uuuhh, yeah he did, and uuuhh... I would've signed up regardless, so shush kid!)! All because at 9:30 I got a bit mad that he suddenly remember an assignment he forgot and needed to do.... Assigned since Monday! Aaaaand D he's not lacking for time to play his yugioh cards yesterday after playing kickball, and today after reading for nearly two hours before soccer... Hehe I'm not worried, he's nearly all As, but he needs to get an organization system going... 6th grade goes easy on them because it's 'transitional', but I'm sure it's just going to get tougher! Which makes me sad, because schools nowadays do push them much harder!
    Aaannnyyywwwaaayyy... No gym yet. Played kickball with boys for about an hour, and I beat them, which I'll enjoy while it lasts... Hehehe the boys were surprised I could kick and sprint! :wink:
    Played a bit of soccer with kid #2.
    Food is mostly on track. Waters good. I do need to find the time for gym again tho! Hehe
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Trying to be active and include my son, we all went to play basketball within 20 mins my ankle snapped ugh Its broken.... that should definitely help me getting back to working out LOL
    Wait WHAT?!?!? You broke your ankle?!?!? Oh noooo.... So sorry!
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    @AZLisaLou so brave of you to,try and stick it out! Every big change needs time to feel habitual! You've gone back to work and every part of you needs to get used to it... From a different way of using the brain (restaurant work is intense! Give yourself credit), to the physical demands! However, your mental stability is more important, it's no good if you get burnt out and it takes you months to recover! Maybe look for other work while still in this one? At least you'll know that this is temporary and that you'll be doing something more fitting soon! Good luck,,lady, you'll see how things work out!
  • Kerryatoon
    Options

This sucks so much kitten!!! :(:(
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @heatherc369 Oh no!!! That sucks so much...so sorry about your ankle!

@NadiaMayl School gets rough. My daughter (now 21) took a lot of honors classes and she about had a breakdown over the stress of it all. Then come to find out that honors classes do NOT help in getting scholarships or anything. Since not all high schools offer them, colleges only look at their base gpa's to be fair to everyone. So with my youngest daughter now in high school, I refuse to let her take any honor's classes. I will let her take AP classes, though, since those she can take a test to get her college credits. School is rough. On the other end of the spectrum, my middle son has a tutor to try to help him pass Algebra II. I just hope we can get through it all with our sanity intact.

Well, I couldn't handle it at all. I left my job already. It wasn't worth me compromising my mental health stability. I felt such an overwhelming sense of relief when I went in and told the manager my decision. I felt I was doing a good job, but after work one day she told me that this this and this needs to improve. That was the final straw because I didn't know what to change to make myself go any faster or suddenly know everything. The nightmares at night stopped.

Eating is just so-so. I did manage a maintain on the weight this week, so that was good. I really need to step up my game and improve on my diet. The last few days I haven't even logged anything. That needs to change because I slide on the slippery slope really fast when I don't see in the numbers what I'm doing.

To help with my sweet tooth I bought Lifesavers hard candies to suck on.

This is going to be a good week! I can feel it. I can make it happen! Time for a change for the better. Go me!!!!!!!