Fitbit Sync not Working

Options

Replies

• pbamerson
    pbamerson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one with this issue. MFP won't let me disconnect fitbit either. Hope they fix this soon. I've recently started a new program and have gotten myself in gear again (finally!) and was looking forward to logging steps. Have a great evening ya'll!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Have any of you done the latest firmware update? I know version 21.37.8 crashed many peoples Alta's.
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Have any of you done the latest firmware update? I know version 21.37.8 crashed many peoples Alta's.

Yes! My problem started after my update. Hopefully, things get straightened out soon.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    MindyBruno wrote: »

Yes! My problem started after my update. Hopefully, things get straightened out soon.

You're going to have to wait for the next update for this to resolve :( There's over 25 pages of irate users over on the fitbit Alta forum.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I did 43,900 steps yesterday, and earned 8,900 exercise kilojoules.

Then they all disappeared! My life is over!! :open_mouth:;) Gaah!
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

OMG that would be tear my hair out with frustration worthy!!
    @Orphia did yours start to go wonky after the update?

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

OMG that would be tear my hair out with frustration worthy!!
    @Orphia did yours start to go wonky after the update?

@Christine_1972 it might have been a bit weird on Friday 21st, and not giving me as many steps per km as it usually does.

Then that catastrophe on Sunday!

Although my MFP update happened on Saturday 22 October.
  • ookoro
    ookoro Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    maryar50 wrote: »
    I just tried something else....Under Apps, Steps, Choose a step tracking device. There I selected Fitbit Tracker. And lo and behold, I now have a negative calorie adjustment today. This must be something new that has been added. I have been using Fitbit and MFP for almost 3 years and do not recall this additional step.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one facing this problem. I doing this but it hasn't worked. It's driving me nuts as I've ramped up my exercising. I have a Fitbit Blaze
  • Gmtooke
    Gmtooke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    in my case. the fit bit including steps is all coming through on my fitness pal with the exception of the calories burnt. ive set a max calorie on mfp but would like to see adjustments that fitbit allows because of exercise. this unfortunately is not coming through. previously i was getting ridciulous aoutn of extra calories added in mfp so it was working but clearly something was wrong. i have been messing around with settings and clearly i cant fix what ive changed. the apps have been unliked and re-linked. thanks for any tips.
  • AmyMalley77
    AmyMalley77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I came here to see if anyone else was having problems. The Fitbit app (and my desktop at work) is not finding my Fitbit One, suddenly today.
  • dougmelissao
    dougmelissao Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    glad to see it's not only me....hasn't been syncing and I worried I did something wrong
  • AmyMalley77
    AmyMalley77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I got mine to sync finally. I had to turn off and restart my Fitbit. That did the trick and it started syncing with both the Fitbit app and MFP. I wonder if Fitbit did some updating recently or something? It's not just a coincidence that so many are having troubles...and so many that own different devices.
  • katieleblond
    katieleblond Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This drives me crazy, and it seems to happen every few months. I completely rely on Fitbit integration and I think it's pretty crap that it periodically breaks when they do an update. Kicking myself for doing a stupid thing earlier - my calorie adjustment was showing on the MFP web page, but not on my phone app, so I wondered if reinstalling it would solve the problem. It seemed to give it a kick, but it's now stuck on the calorie adjustment I got several hours ago when I did it, so hasn't solved the problem. Now I seem to have lost all the food I'd logged since Saturday evening - presumably when the problem started. But even worse, a load of my saved meals have disappeared! Gah!!
  • charis2979
    charis2979 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just got mine today and thought it didn't sync because it's still brand new. I guess I'll just have to wait it out and hope for the best.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Typically I walk absolutely miles, today and my apps haven't been talking at all. :#
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    This drives me crazy, and it seems to happen every few months. I completely rely on Fitbit integration and I think it's pretty crap that it periodically breaks when they do an update. Kicking myself for doing a stupid thing earlier - my calorie adjustment was showing on the MFP web page, but not on my phone app, so I wondered if reinstalling it would solve the problem. It seemed to give it a kick, but it's now stuck on the calorie adjustment I got several hours ago when I did it, so hasn't solved the problem. Now I seem to have lost all the food I'd logged since Saturday evening - presumably when the problem started. But even worse, a load of my saved meals have disappeared! Gah!!

It used to be the Fitbit account total daily burn had to be 100 higher than prior sync to sync again. (so if account isn't syncing with device, that will be slow increase).
    They may have increased that amount required to change, to cut back on syncs to external accounts like MFP.
    If not doing much activity, sitting for many will take 60-90 min to increase by 100 calories.
    If it indeed went up to 200 change being required, 60-120 easily possible.
  • denorios
    denorios Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Mine has been fine today but I seem to have lost my calorie adjustment for yesterday and Sunday, although they were both fine at the time. Very strange.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that I'm not getting the scroll arrow on mfp that indicates it's updating
  • alexib
    alexib Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't syncing no matter what I do, hasn't since the 19th, any solution?
  • she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    Options
    Mine updates every sync but goes back to zero exercise within minutes. It's been broken for days. I hope they fix this soon.