Gluten and Low Sugar

Options
spickard34
spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
Hi Everyone I am new here I just heard about the group its great that there is a place to go with questions. My Dad has Celiac and I believe I am senstive to gulten. Recently I have had to eat Gulten and Sugar free due you Yeast in my Urethra as soon as I eat suagr or wheat my bladder knows it. I have been doing this for two months now it is tough but my bladder thanks me lol.

Has anyone else had issues such as this. I know my Dad having Celiac has found out theres lots of sugar in process gulten free products and he got gout from it. I told him gout is due to yeast and to stop eating so much sugar and in a month or two it cleared up for him and has not been back. Its werid what Gulten and Sugar can do to your body. His is so bad he can not handle any cross contaimination.

Anyhow HI to All :)

Replies

• mandy623
    mandy623 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you are aware but there is a cookbook called Gluten-Free, Sugar-free Cooking by Susan O'Brien Just a great resource and your post title made me think of it - so wanted to pass it on.
  • mscarlet
    mscarlet Posts: 2
    Options
    I must be gluten free and my husband is prediabetic and must be sugar free. Changing recipes on my own hasn't been always successful. But I'll be posting as I find good tips, and I'll be reading this blog for other's tips. Thanks for the comments!
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the cookbook suggestion that helps a lot. It is hard not to eat both. I cave and eat a few too many yogurts and my bladder feels it.

• tvl0308
    tvl0308 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have been gluten free for 3 years now and when i started it. it was a struggle cause i have high blood pressure and boarder line diabetic. Gluten free foods have a lot of sugar and sodium in it. So I have to really watch this. It was a challenge in it self. But i haven't experienced what you are experiencing. I know a few people that can't have gluten either it effects them differently then what it does for me. Interesting that sugar and gluten does this, i didn't know this. I try to stay away from the sugars as much as possible.
    Here are a few web sites that mite help you out:
    I don't know if you have facebook but here is one that i have that could help you out. It is called Against all grain. IT is recipes for gluten free, sugar free, lactose free. She has a cook book out, she travels all over in fact she could be in your area.

Here is another one on FB Real Sustenance (gluten free and dairy free recipes)

I also have a pasta that i eat that is gluten free that i like, here is the web site to check it out. www.pappardellespasta.com

We have a farmers market and they have them there, it is made in Denver, Co. My niece lives in Denver so she got me some and there are different kinds of flavors. There is one that is lemon pepper haven't tried it yet.

I hope this helps some. Message me if you have any questions or you can friend me on MFP.

Have a great day!!