Feedback

Options
dex13091
dex13091 Posts: 4 Member
Good afternoon Team Orange,

I started to go through everyones food log and give feedback. However, there seems to be one common theme with everyone and decided I would post it here instead. When it comes you eating healthy, we need to make sure that we are getting an adequate amount of protein intake. Most everyone is under 100 grams of protein for the day which is not going to help when it comes to weight loss or fitness. The recommended amount of protein intake is .8-1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. We will focus on 1 gram per pound of body weight. SO to give you an example for myself, I weigh 185 pounds. My protein intake should be around 180-200 grams for the day. I eat a lot more than that but that should give you an idea of where you should be at. Also, here is some information about calories for each macronutrient. Carbs has 4 calories per gram, protein has 4 calories per gram and fat has 9 calories per gram. That should help give you an idea of where calories comes from and how macros play a role.

Secondly, it seems like people are having a hard time hitting their calorie goal for the day. For the next four weeks, lets focus on hitting those goals and making sure we log everything that we eat into this app everyday. I know its hard to do but I know you guys can do it.

So the next four weeks, the main goal is going to be to hit the calorie goal you have for yourself, and to hit the adequate amount of protein for the day. I know you guys can do it. Also, lets get that attendance up and beat Team Black.

Please feel free to reply to this, post on the group on facebook, or email me if you have any questions.

Coach Chris

P.S.- I hope everyone is ready for Hell Week to start on Monday!!!

Replies

• bellatango2
    bellatango2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks Chris. I really like this app. Will do my best this week for logging everything.
  • jeffreyb541
    jeffreyb541 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Chris
    For our daily calorie goal the app adds the calories burned to the daily calorie goal.
    Should we be including this calories in our daily goal?
    Thanks