10/26 Wednesday Day 26 SLBC

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
wvc1paczr5i7.jpg

Theme: Step It Up!

Today's Challenge: Many of us have activity trackers (like a Fitbit) or step counters (pedometers) that track our daily steps. The recommendation is to shoot for 10,000 steps per day, but lots of people fall short of that goal. Today's challenge is to note about how many steps you've averaged over the last week and try to beat that number today. Get more steps in!

If you don't have an activity tracker you can still participate in today's challenge. Increase your activity in any way that works for you: head out for a lunchtime walk, park further away, go for a bike ride, or use any of our previous daily challenges. Whatever you prefer, just move more today!

Alternative Challenge: Most of us send a lot of emails throughout the day. After you've written your email, stand up and proofread it before you hit the send button!

Replies

• themedalist
    Options
    I just know that you all are going to be up for this challenge! :)
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I just got some pedometers from my insurance company in the mail. I will make it a point to take one with me tomorrow! The idea with the email sounds like a good one for me to try today!
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted!! :smiley: My step count has been about a third of normal lately since I've been recovering from a hurt ankle...but oddly enough, climbing stairs is soothing to the hurt muscles. I don't want to backtrack on the healing process, so I'm not going to get in more steps, but I will climb more stairs. And I'll work harder with my upper body exercises this afternoon. There is always a way to be more active!! :smile:
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    so sorry. Not going to do this one. Just got back from Europe where I walked about 10 miles a day. Now I'm tied to my desk and its rainy and cold.
  • themedalist
    Options
    jlemoore wrote: »
    so sorry. Not going to do this one. Just got back from Europe where I walked about 10 miles a day. Now I'm tied to my desk and its rainy and cold.

Completely understandable!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    I have been adding more steps weekly! Fitbit is helping track. Last week I did 96,000. This week the goal is 100,000!!
  • CherylPierce
    CherylPierce Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've been trying for 10,000 each day, but have been falling short. Today, I'm going to make it happen!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,004 Member
    Options
    Although my Fitbit goal is 10,000 a day, I intentionally have a much lower number on Sundays because they are my rest days. However, the last few weeks I have been trying for 70,000 steps per week even with my low step count on Sunday.