10/28 Friday Day 28 SLBC

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
656dq7kp1qen.jpg
Theme: Sitting Less Through Social Media

Today's Challenge: As we've learned this month, sitting is a tough habit to change. Since the goal of the Sit Less Boot Camp is to help us sit less long after October is over, social media can help us keep our sit less goal a top priority. If you're on Facebook or Twitter, why not 'like' or 'follow” Quitting the Sitting's Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/quittingthesitting) or Twitter feed? (@QuitTheSitting). New posts are added 2-3 times a week. No spam, just regular updates, helpful tips, and motivational quotes to inspire us to keep moving!

Alternative Challenge: If you have a treadmill in your home or at the gym, chances are you've used it to exercise. But the treadmill is also a great way to ditch the chair. Walking at a low speed of 1 to 2 MPH, you can read, watch TV or videos on your iPad, read books on your Kindle or Nook, or catch up on Facebook or Twitter. Lots of possibilities!

And if you don't have access to a treadmill, head out for a walk or bike ride today!

Replies

• betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have liked the "Quitting the Sitting" Facebook page. I don't have a treadmill at home, but I walked into work this morning in the pouring rain. I'm still drying off. lol Have a nice day everyone!
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    PS: I just shared one of the posts to my Facebook friends!
  • themedalist
    Options
    betsym3 wrote: »
    PS: I just shared one of the posts to my Facebook friends!

Thanks so much, Betsy!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,004 Member
    Options
    I LOVE <3 the Quitting the Sitting Facebook page. It is my way to gently nag my friends and family to be more active.
  • CherylPierce
    CherylPierce Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I already "like" the Facebook page. Not really into Twitter, but I'll go follow that one, too. Today is a holiday in my state and I have the day off. And it's raining! I'm on my way to the gym to walk on a treadmill. :smiley:
  • themedalist
    Options
    I'm glad you are finding our Facebook posts helpful to you. I talked to a few subscribers in person recently and asked them about our Facebook posts (hard to know sometimes if I'm on track or need to make adjustments). Interestingly, they all said that the posts served as a gentle nudge to take a short break and get up and move.

So as Sit Less Boot Camp draws to a close (until May 2017!) I'm hoping many of this month's participants may also want to stay connected with us on social media.
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I liked the "Quitting the Sitting" Facebook page during the May SLBC. I can attest to the number of really good articles on that page!! :smile: <3
  • hollyhock1009
    hollyhock1009 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I liked the page. Also got in another waterfit class, and did a YouTube mile in the evening.