Kicking the Carb Habit

Options
melmelray
melmelray Posts: 12 Member
Just joined the group. I was diagnosed with PCOS several years ago but never did anything with it. Well after having a wake up call recently, watching a loved one die from complications of not taking care of her type 2 diabetes and my husband and I starting the discussion of starting a family I am quickly coming to the conclusion that something has to be done and NOW.

Just looking for some tips on how to kick the habit, anything that made it easier to change your diet, especially if you are like me and you love everything baked and buttered.

Thanks in advanced!

Replies

• catazzo
    catazzo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi melmelray, Iv'e just joined the group too. Ive suffered with PCOS for 15 years and I'm now only taking notice. In 15 years I have gained 70 pounds due to my symptoms getting worse and doing nothing about it.

I am a carb fanatic and that needs to stop. I have been advised to adopt a low GI way of eating and, if at all possible, a vegan way of life.

I am firstly focusing on low GI and vegan sounds a bit scary at the moment.

look into low GI and PCOS and you will find lots of reasearch on low GI and PCOS (many books on amazon)

hope this helps :-)