10/30 Sunday Day 30 SLBC

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
edited October 2016 in Social Groups
z4hqzunmoxo8.jpg

Theme: Next Steps & Evaluation

Today's Challenge: As Sit Less Boot Camp draws to a close, it's a good time to think about what comes next. How is your transition out of the chair going? Are you sitting less and moving more? Are you still practicing your “One Thing” or has it become a habit you just do now without thinking? There are lots of ways to build on the foundation you've established this month and keep on moving. Check out the Next Steps page on Quitting the Sitting for additional links and resources: http://www.quittingthesitting.org/next-steps.html

And please take a few minutes to fill out the on-line evaluation survey and tell us what you liked (or didn't like) and how we can improve Sit Less Boot Camp. The survey form is here:

http://www.quittingthesitting.org/sit-less-boot-camp-evaluation.html

Your comments, ideas, suggestions are most welcome and appreciated!!

Replies

• MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this challenge. I have beat all the records I have set for myself thanks to your posts and motivation. Thank you for this post and all the wonderful information in it! This has changed my view of how I deal with my day to day when it comes to health and exercise.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    Well done everyone!

I agree! You all have been a terrific group to work with. I hope Boot Camp has been worthwhile for you and that you'll continue to sit less. It makes a big difference!

Please let us know what you thought of Sit Less Boot Camp through the evaluation and feedback form (http://www.quittingthesitting.org/sit-less-boot-camp-evaluation.html). We welcome any and all feedback and use your comments to improve the series. The supplemental weekend readings, for example, came from a suggestion made by a May 2016 participant. Those of you who have submitted the form in the past can certainly send us your feedback on this session. And some of the questions are new.

We have one more day of Boot Camp -- and tomorrow I will have the results summarizing our impact!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,004 Member
    Options
    Wow! This month has flown by. This Boot Camp has been great!
  • allmannerofthings
    allmannerofthings Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    This has been a great experience. Over the last 28 days I have averaged 10,583 steps daily an increase of 15% over the previous 28 days - and my one thing (walking around and tidying up while the kettle boils and the tea brews) is working well and I enjoy the results. Thanks so much.
  • hollyhock1009
    hollyhock1009 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I was a participant in May, and I learned so much from then that it was difficult to add in new things this time, since I was already doing as much as I could. It has made a big impact on my life, my abilities (I had become a sedentary retiree) and my daily activities. It's probably the best thing I have done for myself.

My goal of getting up to do dishes immediately after each meal and snack is something I am still working on - because I had already set a goal of slowly deep-cleaning my kitchen, top to bottom this month, so I often couldn't get to the sink - but it's something I will work on.

I did love getting the reminder emails!!! That is a great add on .

Thank you for all you do for all of us!