Sit Less Boot Camp Impact and Thanks!

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
Hi Everyone,

As Sit Less Boot Camp draws to a close, @Auna37 and I wanted to give you some information about this month's challenge and the collective impact we've had in sitting less and moving more.

At least 236 My Fitness Pal members participated in one form or another in October's Sit Less Boot Camp. I say "at least" because the true number is higher since some people prefer to participate anonymously and we can't measure that. This is the largest group we've had so far! Clearly, sitting disease and sitting less are issues many MFPers care about.

Many of you also took the additional step of creating your own customized sit less plan and selecting a target for reducing your daily sitting (recall the Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum levels). If you joined us late or missed this post and would like to be included in the group total, there's still time. Here's the link: http://www.quittingthesitting.org/act-now.html.

Collectively, our group has pledged to reduce their sitting time by 27,558 hours by year! That's fantastic!

The most popular actions for sitting less (from those who created their sit less plan) are:
  • Setting a reminder to take movement breaks throughout the day
  • Not ignoring your Fitbit, computer, or iWatch when it tells you it's time for a break :)
  • Getting up and walking during commercials.
  • Walking while waiting for the kettle to boil

Here is our summary image that will soon be proudly displayed on the Quitting the Sitting website for all to see. Thanks to everyone who participated!

c0nfohrs63mt.jpg

Just a Final Note:

Even though Sit Less Boot Camp for this month is ending, the daily challenges will continue! Auna does a wonderful job of coming up with interesting, fun, and exciting daily challenges that work the body, mind, and spirit! So while you may have found the Challenge-A-Day group because of Sit Less Boot Camp, please stay with us and let's encourage each other to improve ourselves a little each day.

Thank you for joining us for Sit Less Boot Camp!

Auna and Denise

7zffv83vy2kt.png

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,004 Member
    Options
    Thanks for leading this challenge, Auna and Denise!
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge!
  • 77tes
    Options
    @themedalist , how do we see the results for our Step it Up team? I joined, but I see no notifications on my Fitbit Dashboard.
  • 77tes
    Options
    I found the results. It isn't on Fitbit, but I could log in through Fitbit to the Step it up Challenge. Our team came in just a little shy of a million steps. I wonder about those teams with over 100, 000 daily steps per user - I think they must have done it like Howard Wolowitz on Big Bang Theory :smiley: