Welcome to the New Year's Challenge

Options
lemurcat12
lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
Welcome! What are people's goals for this challenge? (I will post about mine below.)

Replies

• strongkater
    strongkater Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am joining Nov 1! My goal is to lose 15 lbs by jan1. Food is my weakness- I am a big time emotional eater. Stress boredom anxiety. So my workouts will be important because they help remind me what I'm doing but food needs to be my focus.

I also joined no cheat November challenge. Cheers. Feel free to add me!
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    My goal for New Year's is to get my bmi out of the obese range. So that means I need to lose 12 more lbs.

CW is 195 Challenge GW is 183
  • izzybelle2013
    izzybelle2013 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My goal is 25 lbs by February, so I would like to lose 15 lbs by New Years. February is my anniversary date with TOPS, and I would reachy my goal weight so I can become a TOPS. I have lost 38 so far.
  • smswage
    smswage Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Need to lose my quit smoking weight.
    My goal is to lose 20 pounds. CW is 157 Challenge GW is 137 (I'm five feet short!)
  • Ms_GiveAHoot
    Ms_GiveAHoot Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! My goal for Jan 1st is to be at or below 165. I currently weigh 181 as of today. I am going to try to eat low carb with carb cycling. I think I would do better if I knew someone was checking on what I eat daily and giving me pointers here and there. If anyone is up to the task, feel free to add me!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Oct 31st I weighed 167. I think I will aim for 155 pounds. My lowest weight for the 2016 year was about 155 so it would be a good number to get back to by Jan 1. That will be 12 pounds.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Joining Nov. 2 today I weighed in at 144.2 My goal is to be 129 by Jan.1
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I finished up our last challenge at 167.5, so in 8 weeks, my goal is to be an even 160. My calorie goals aren't set to lose a pound a week, so I'm just gonna work on increasing my activity to offset it. (I'm sure I'd starve at only 1250 calories vs 1500!)
  • Cincypsych
    Cincypsych Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My short term goals are to continue exercising at least 5 times per week, and log each day. My long term goal is 30 pounds gone by my 50th birthday in April 2017. I don't want to keep doing this cycle after I am 50!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! I've been mulling over my goals, and think it's mostly maintenance (I have a loss goal posted in the spreadsheet, but a small one) and staying consistent with running (and other exercise) over the holidays, as the weather gets less good and my motivation tends to decline.
  • tress29
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    as the weather gets less good and my motivation tends to decline.
    I warned my teens that they need to put their stuff away instead of leaving it all over the living room. That way, I'll have room to pop in a DVD when "the weather outside is frightful!"

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I want to be realistic with my goals. Thanksgiving will be harder for me than Christmas, because of travel. I will weigh in tomorrow for my starting weight and then post my weight loss goal for this challenge.
  • carolemaryrosslaura
    Options
    I just joined. I would like to lose more than 1 pound per week, but I think that is a more realistic goal for me right now, especially over the holidays. Thanks for setting up this challenge! And thanks RisingAboveIt for letting me know about it.
  • jrortega1912
    jrortega1912 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been in and out of these holiday challenges for a while. The last one I participated was July 4th. Since then my weight is at an all time high! 160 My goal is to lose one pound per week.
  • tress29
    Options
    Hi, I have been in and out of these holiday challenges for a while. The last one I participated was July 4th.
    I let life get in the way for a while and I fell out of these challenges too. But when I needed to get going, I came right back here!

• barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Aha! Found you guys... I'm an overweight stress and pleasure eating triathlete! I gained a lot of weight this year from two unexpected activity limiting surgeries and two illnesses requiring steroids. Fell back to old terrible habits and gained 16 pounds since June. So plan and goals
    1. Lose 16 pounds by Jan 1. ....
    2. Regain no eating habit after work...
    3. Improve nutrition and cook more
    4. Successful ten mile trail run in December
    5. Regain swimming strength and swim 1.5 mile
    6. Metabolic improvement in labs by Dec
    Favorite place to run
    7.6grfhz756pjb.jpg

• tress29
    Options
    Glad you found us again, Barb! Nice view down that trail...
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Barb.... love the trail!
  • storygirl65
    storygirl65 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I'm Gina. It's 11/14 and I am just starting the challenge! I am hoping to take off 10-15 pounds by the first week of January. I've lost about 19 lbs. over the past few months, but the past few weeks have been a real challenge as far as keeping my eating under control - especially late night snacking. I don't have a time-frame that is pressuring me and I don't want to mess up my metabolism, but I am hoping that a challenge group will keep me motivated! Good luck to everyone!
  • tress29
    Options
    I am hoping that a challenge group will keep me motivated! Good luck to everyone!
    Hi Gina and Welcome! This is a great group of folks, who will be supportive, but not judgmental. We all have bad days or weeks even, but tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start...

Theresa K