November 2016

Options
blitzbis
blitzbis Posts: 366 Member
Happy November everyone. I am making a pledge to myself to make this month a winner for myself by becoming a loser again. It's been so long since I lost weight and now I see that it has been almost 2 weeks since I worked out. I finished my new challenge of "Texas 200" by logging 200 miles in about 3 months and since that time, I have been sitting on my butt. I was hoping that I could push myself but alas, I pushed myself to sit.

What is everyone else's idea for a November goal?

Replies

• NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    @1skholloway Thanks for the reminder! Here I am on Day 1 of November!

@blitzbis Thanks for getting a new thread going. I like your pledge to be a winner at losing. So, ditto.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I think the best thing I ever did was to volunteer to help out the other branch. I have learned so much. One to have more confidence in myself as this place is so laid back it has allowed me to know my stuff. The main branch the woman has a way of making me doubt myself but a week here and I know I prefer the rules at the main branch but I do know what I am doing. I like just being a few minutes from my house. I know I work because I have to work. I'm not there to go out to lunch everyday or to buy b-day gifts for everyone. I'm there because I have bills that need to be paid and a family to take care of and I am ok with that.

I really need to get back into the routine of exercising again. I'll try and start this week. I also need to cut back the chips. I have gone on a chip thing when I am working on dinner. I can't walk outside with the leaves as they make me wheeze. they are not falling off the trees as quickly as I would prefer so it makes being outside for any time hard.

Have a great day everyone!!
  • blitzbis
    Options
    @2020pinktogo sometimes the best reinforcement of our choices is when we are shown something else all together. I'm so happy that you like your original branch. I'm with you, my money needs to go to my family not all the frivilousness of bdays and lunches. Though currently I don't have problem, I have been the one who struggled and will likely be that one again. I'm so lucky i don't suffer from allergies. Though I have had more sinus infections in the last several years, it is NOTHING like peers or family have had to suffer with. I hope the leaves drop soon for you!.

I did get out and walk/run yesterday. I had to take my couch to 5k app back to the beginning but maybe won't take the full 5 weeks to get back to where I was when I knocked off.

@NewOR2015 we can all be losing winners together!

• 1skholloway
    1skholloway Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I totally blew it today! I wanted fritos and a little Debbie cake. I stopped at a grocery store to get them. They didn't have the snack size bag of Fritos. The smallest size they had was a 9.25 oz bag. I knew better than to get it. I told myself I would share the bag with my co-workers by putting it in the break room. By the time I made it to work I told myself there was no need to put the bag in the break room because I would walk back and forth to the break room to get the chips until they were all gone. So yes, I ate the whole bag of fritos and the cookie for lunch with a Coke Zero. My doctor wanted me to gain a pound by tomorrow so he would know I was concentrating on getting well and not on weight loss. I think he will get what he wants and maybe even more! : ( On a good note, I did avoid the good cookies in the break room. Also, I'm wearing my new skinny leg pants and slim blouse with knee high boots and loving the way they look and feel. I remind myself I can't eat the way I did at lunch and continue to dress this way. I'm not even gonna say tomorrow's a new day. I am starting to improve now and going to go back to my healthy eating plan for the rest of the day. I failed for one meal. I got back up and am going to kick butt again. I hope my doctor releases me to return to the gym tomorrow!
  • JanolaBarbara
    JanolaBarbara Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    @1skholloway -- Good for you for getting back on track right away! Chips are my Achilles' heal, too. I find them harder to resist than cookies. Thanks for the input about eating less. Now that I can eat that little, I just need to keep from getting bored.

@CaptainBoing -- Hope you feel better soon. I know how hard it can be for active people to take it easy.

@blitzbis -- Great attitude! My goal is to continue my calorie restriction diet. I may go over one or two days, but if I do they will be planned and I will not go overboard.

@2020pinktogo -- Bleh, never good to be the only one at work who is there to WORK. I guess they need more to keep them stimulated if it's slower than the main branch. I am glad you had the choice to work where you want.

Happy November!! I can't believe 2017 is almost here! I did a lot of errands today, including seeing my physical therapist. Actually, it's the on-call pt because mine just started her maternity leave. He has some good ideas about my knee. I hope it helps. Other than that, not much going on today. I did take my daily walk with DH and that's always nice. :-)
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    @2020pinktogo My new school also had staff members wanting themes for Halloween costume. My team did Wizard of Oz. I was the scarecrow. Simple enough, I just didn't like that I "had to" do it. I think costumes should be optional.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    November is going to be amazing!!! Mostly because I am going away on holiday (which will include large amounts of jui jitsu, including a weekend of seminars!!!) I am feeling strong again and pushed hard at jui jitsu on Tuesday night without any issues. After class I sent Wolverine a message about how awesome it was and he sent a reply that he was very very glad about that!

My holiday starts on Monday, I fly to Cape Town on Thursday. I get to watch my coach fight in a big cage fight (if he wins, he will get a shot at the title) and then it is a weekend of girls jui jitsu seminar with one of my best friends. That week I will visit various jui jitsu clubs to train with them, visit a friend who works at a circus (not the animal kind), visit a couple of zoos (meet an arctic fox!!!), catch up with lots of friends, sunrise hike up Lions Head. The following weekend, my parents join me for my godfather's daughters wedding in the winelands. we stop over for a night in my friends holiday home on the drive back and I am back at work on Wed 23 Nov.

Plus it is summer now so I will be getting in beach runs and ocean swims at times and of course my weekly sessions with Wolverine, which happen on the beach at the moment. Life is good...
  • blitzbis
    Options
    @1skholloway Great attitude and happy you were wearing your skinny feel good clothes as another reminder. One little meal won't sink that awesome success.

@JanolaBarbara How is the physical therapy going? Must be improving tomaintain your walks. Great job!

@NewOR2015 I'm so glad the hospital I work at now doesn't allow costumes for staff. The patients enjoy dressing up and we allowed that but I simply wore a shirt that I call my scary shirt because it looks like bare dark branches on a white background.

@CaptainBoing I'm so excited about your holiday. SOunds like an action packed week. Have a great time and jui jitsu the crap out of someone!

Today is an "easy" day at work. We will be trained on the telemedicine equipment so that when my psychiatrist comes over each week, we don't through 18-20 patients at him but can do a more manageable 13 and he can do the others from the home campus. Now, to get the patients to agree it's a good thing. But, I've been gradually telling them it's coming and the dr is amazing and personable so he'll be good at making seem like he's in the room with him.

So far, my losing November has been one of gaining. EXCUSE ALERT- we didn't go the the grocery store last week so I'm having to eat what is in the freezer and leftovers of patient lunches (not what is left on their plates however. I do have some pride). I have exercised though and I guess that's something. Every meal is a new start, right? Happy Thursday everyone!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    LOL @blitzbis I'm so glad your not stealing the patient's plates nor eating from them. :D
    At the bank we have 2 huge buckets of halloween candy. i did so well and didn't touch any only to come home and eat my husband's m&m's. This is my last day this week here then it will be saturdays. I have one in Nov and 2 in Dec. My husband is they said you would only have one a month and I'm like whatever it's a 4 hour shift. They are all so nice there how can you complain. The one woman Kristen goes to me I noticed you wear either a scarf or a necklace everyday. I laughed and said Yep she goes I had to go to this party and buy something so I bought this necklace and she goes you just said how you bought an angel sweater for xmas. It's angel wings that look like a heart would you wear it? I said Yes and she brought it back with her at lunch and it's really pretty. She goes I know you may not wear it til the holidays I'm like tomorrows outfit is pink and grey it'll look great with it. :) When I was leaving Loretta goes Sue I won't see you give me a hug. I laughed and said Loretta I'll be back on Saturdays she's like but you won't be back next week and I'm going on vacation tomorrow. I think the manager Cherie likes me cause I am not outspoken and I mind my p's and q's. Plus she goes to me Sue I can't believe how much you look like your mother. Loretta and Joelle were talking smack and quite loudly. I was like OMG I am glad I won't be there for their meetings as they get heated. They all just say things and I'm like a play nice kind of person. Then of course they hug afterwards and if you just reamed me out I don't want to hug you. LOL Kristen is like me they were hugging her and she said ok release me. So I know if it gets to be too much I just have to say release me and they let go. ;)

Have a great day everyone!! today is Kate's first day over at the branch she is the one switching over permanently. I do find it intriguing the place is a soap opera. LOL
  • blitzbis
    Options
    @2020pinktogo who knew you would have to have a safety word when working at a bank. Ah, the world it is a-changing
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Well I am hoping for a miracle as I called in my prescriptions only to get there and they didn't have it so then they call me to say the medication is on backorder til Dec. Well did I want them to call around to see if they could find it or go with the other manufacturer. I said see if you can find it first as the other manufacturer makes me puke for a week til my body gets used to it every time the side effects are rough. The pharmacist is like I'll try. Ok I have been on this particular drug for 10 years why can't they just have it there ready for me. As they have also witnessed me puking on the other drug numerous times when they got me the wrong manufacturer and seen me go through hell til my body adjusts why wouldn't you definitely make sure the item was on hand to fill it. I feel like this is a way for punishing me for quitting.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    I think my husband is on vacation again and I hate to ask as it'll just send me over the edge. He's never home on a sunday night and he was home and had the tv on. I guess I will ask when i get home and if he is still up. Normally he would have all his vacations used up but there was a lot going on at the store and he too was asked to move his vacations even though he's been with the company 40 some years. So if he has a week left I know he will be cranky it's this late in the season. Yesterday the dog and I went to bed early and I think he felt left out but I was feeling off and it was cold and the dog just made herself comfy in front of the vent in our room. I must be a very cold person as she camps out in front of the heater and if I'm not in the room and my husband is there she jumps on the bed and gets on my side. My husband says it's true I am so cold it's like a frozen turkey is on that side of the bed. I think the dog and I just prefer the same side of the bed. LOL Have a great day everyone.
  • blitzbis
    Options
    @2020pinktogo wow, you have a lot going on. I hope all is well though it seems as if you are hitting a rough patch. Take care!
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    I am tired, sick, and stressed. I am having the house appraised for a refi at 2 and it's not ready. I'm going to the doctor at 3:45. I have been dealing with the stomach issues for over 2 months now. The good news is that I'm currently dealing with pain and burning in my stomach and no diarrhea and vomiting. I have a colonoscopy scheduled for Friday. Oh joy. The way I feel right now I'm about ready to go back to a clear liquid diet. I'm sure it will get better! A good night's rest tonight will help tremendously.
  • blitzbis
    Options
    @1skholloway I hope by now you are feeling a bit more prepared for your refi and that the doctor can finally figure out something at the appointment this afternoon. I can't stand not feeling up to par and you have been dealing with this for 2 months. Egads. Pray for a good night's rest and some answers for your troubles!
  • JanolaBarbara
    JanolaBarbara Posts: 322 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Happy Monday! My husband was out of town for the weekend and comes home today. :-) When he leaves, I treat the time as a stay-cation for me. This month, I have two more week-long stay-cations to look forward to. o_O I prefer having my hubby home with me; the stay-cation idea is a way for me to not miss him too much. Anyway, I'm still on my low-cal diet and feeling pretty good. I've working on a salmon necklace this weekend, and the 3 I made just don't look right. Hopefully, I now know what I want and I'll be able to get it done. I am a shrink plastic artist. I draw on paper, trace it onto the plastic, color, cut out, shrink, then make a piece of jewelry out of it. Most of my inspiration comes from the ocean. (Sorry if I've already shared this before. My memory's not what it used to be. XD)

@CaptainBoing -- Wow! Sounds like a really active holiday! Enjoy!

@2020pinktogo -- Hope things work out with your medication. Also, sounds like you're fitting in at work that's a plus. If you only ate some m&m's at home after being near 2 big buckets of candy at work, that's a win!

@1skholloway -- :-( How are you doing today? I hope you were able to relax a bit this weekend and that your Friday wasn't too terrible. Please take care. 2 months is such a long time to feel sick. Sending healing vibes your way.

@blitzbis -- All you can do is your best. Just don't give up! Were you able to go to the store? You are right-- every meal is an opportunity to make healthy decisions!

*gasp* Just realized that tomorrow is Nov 8! I don't care who you vote for, just please go and vote! Here in WA we have mandatory mail-in ballots, so I voted last week. :-)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @1skholloway so I was on vacation the year we were getting refinanced and my hubby was suppose to clean his hoarding for the man to take pictures. The man moved the boxes to my side of the bedroom and to our daughter's room as she was a teenager and told the guy what can I say my wife is a hoarder. So we are at the bank and I am seeing these pictures and I go to the guy can I see those and I have this shocked look on my face. The guy goes you don't want to know what he told our guy I said Oh yes I do. He goes we can tell whose stuff is whose and when we saw your face just now it said it all. I was mortified and my husband laughed and said if you stayed home you could have taken care of it. he's lucky I didn't kill him right there. LOL
  • blitzbis
    Options
    @JanolaBarbara It took me a while to understand your salmon necklace. I was imagining the old fruit loop necklaces we made in elementary school but with salmon. I'm assuming it's a lovely salmon color! I tell you, I am soo jealous of your time alone. Chris has no friends and all the family he has is within a 20 mile radius of us and his job doesn't require him to travel so he is always home. One year for my birthday he gave me a weekend at the house while he went to Arkansas fishing. I loved it, he didn't. He said next time, I get to go somewhere by myself and he can stay home. It's so hard when I had 10 years living on my own to now have very little time to myself. I love having him around but I really love not having to do things on someone else's time table.

Well, today is voting day. I stopped on my way in to ensure I was able to vote. Who knows what the day will bring and when I am more than an hour away from the polling place, I gotta get my voice heard early. I'll meet my husband and mother in law there this evening though to ensure they vote.

Just found out that a co workers 22 year old son emptied their bank account when she gave him her debit card to get $30 for the weekend. She feels so betrayed. What in the world do you with that? I'm not a parent but I know parents are notoroius for thinking 'what did I do wrong".

So far, the week has been good eating wise. A little bit of exercising but I think I need to buy new shoes. For some reason, the ones I have now are irritating the back of my foot. I'm calling it my achilles tendon, but it may not be. WHat is weird is that i bought the exact same shoe as what I had been wearing the last few months. They were great at first but then started hurting my foot. I thought it was bcause the cushioning at the back had worn down. Apparently not. I just hate having to buy another pair of shoes.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Big day today. I hope everyone was able to vote!
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    Hello all, I feel better finally. I'm eating light foods and I found a med the doctor prescribed for diarrhea and cramps that helps with the stomach pain. I have been able to rest. I try to eat somewhat within a maintenance level of calories. I haven't been able to get back to the gym yet. Hopefully I can go back next week. Friday I have the colonoscopy. I'm ready for it!

@2020pinktogo oh my goodness! Your is lucky to be alive!

@blitzbis yep sounds like you need new shoes. I need some too. I don't like buying new shoes. There are so many choices and not enough information. Then there's the price. Oh my! I have two pair of go walks by Skechers but since I lost weight they are really too big. I wear them now for non exercise activities. I think I need cross trainers now.

I did vote last night. I was in and out of the polling place in 9 minutes! I haven't looked yet this morning to see who our new president is. When I last looked I was surprised at the results but the west coast still hadn't reported their results.