Don't ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Worry

Options
Zee48
Zee48 Posts: 789 Member

Good morning friends! Let's get our Bibles out and be ready to get in the word reading our verse for today. I hope if you are new to our devotional study that you will enjoy it as much as I have been along with others as well.

Lord, We release our worries into your hands today. We thank you for the gift of your peace, guarding our hearts. Let us all meditate on your word today and keep our minds on what is excellent and praiseworthy. Amen.

Our verse reading for today is Philippians 4:6-7. Take some time to read that and meditate on it for a bit, asking God to help you release your worries to Him.
What has you worried today? What is robbing you of peace and joy? Have you prayed about it? My prayer is that none of us will wallow in problems but turn heart and mind to the answer to our every problem and need.

I don't know how many times I have lost sleep worrying over different situations, when in the end, God turned the problem around in His way and in His time.

Jesus Christ is our Victor. He has provided us everything we need to be victors as well. But it's up to us to claim what is ours. Each and every encounter we have with Jesus -- from salvation to every challenge we face -- presents us with the choice to believe or not believe, to walk in faith or doubt. IT is the same with worries. We can focus on our problems or we can focus on our Redeemer.

Let this testimony from missionary and minister Elisabeth Elliot be our testimony when it comes to worry and uncertainty: "Because God is my sovereign Lord, I was not worried. He managers perfectly, day and night, year in and year out, the movements of the stars, the wheeling of the planets, the staggering coordination of events that goes on on the molecular level in order to hold things together. There is no doubt that he can manage the timing of my days and weeks.

~ Darlene Zschech, Revealing Jesus