Can we eat too few calories?

Options
suzzi_can
suzzi_can Posts: 20 Member
I am recently sleeved and just moving into the purée stage. I know that we need to eat less than we burn but I have heard too few calories can cause us to not loose weight.. how few can we eat? And do we really not loose if we eat to few?

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    The too few calories thing is a myth. Make sure you're following your surgeon's and dietitian's recommendations for vitamins, water, and protein.

Make an appointment and have a chat with your dietitian if you're worried about calorie intake down the road. I'm sure they get those questions often.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Also, in the beginning you just don't consume as many calories, but rest assured that as time goes on, you will consume more.
  • vantastic852
    vantastic852 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would say to concentrate getting in your protein and the calories will just come!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I would say to concentrate getting in your protein and the calories will just come!

I second this. You are much too early in this journey to worry about getting too few calories. Focus on getting sufficient nutrition and water and healing enough to start working toward your fitness goals.

Right now your body will utilize the extra stores it has available and supplement the calories you are ingesting. As your body approaches the weight and composition toward which it is inclined, you'll likely start to feel hungrier, you'll be able to tolerate a larger volume of food, and more variety.

I believe that a key to success is using this time of maximum restrictions to reset bad habits and make a plan for the future.