Alta battery

Options
Alishia6606
Alishia6606 Posts: 140 Member
I got my Alta on September 10th. Here it is, not even 3 months later and the battery barely stays charged. Anyone have any ideas on how to make it last longer?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Have you tried doing a restart? Whenever i have little glitches with my Alta, a restart usually fixes it.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    In case you are wondering how to restart the Alta, here are the steps you need to follow:

1.Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any USB power adapter.
    2.Insert the other end of the cable into the port on the back of your Fitbit Alta. Your Alta will begin charging.
    3.Press the button on your charging cable three times within eight seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The 4.button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer.
    5.Eight seconds after the first button press, you'll see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This means Alta is restarting.
    6.After you see the logo you can unplug your tracker from the charging cable.
    This should make your tracker work normally again.
  • Alishia6606
    Alishia6606 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I don't see a button anywhere on my Alta or charging cable...
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I don't see a button anywhere on my Alta or charging cable...

I didn't see the button either, i thought i had a dud charger lol But it's hiding in plain sight

This short video shows you how:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v0uVZeR_Wg
  • Zoe678
    Zoe678 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    If the restart doesn't work you could exchange it for a new one. I've heard Fitbit is pretty good about that.