My fitbit won't sync to MFP

MrsJ1210
MrsJ1210 Posts: 135 Member
Is any body else having trouble today?

Replies

• njjpk
    njjpk Posts: 1 Member
    Yes. Just stopped syncing a few days ago. I've disconnected and reconnected and still not working.
  • eddytroy
    eddytroy Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    same problem here, I live in China so thought it might be a China firewall issue with syncing. I disconnected both from MyFitnessPal & Fitbit, and then reconnected this morning. Now it is syncing ok. Hope this works for you guys!
  • shecoombes
    shecoombes Posts: 1 Member
    Same here, can't sync my alta to mfp. When I try to disconnect in mfp it reverts back to the previous screen without disconnecting.
  • LazyNightOwl
    LazyNightOwl Posts: 166 Member
    shecoombes wrote: »
    Same here, can't sync my alta to mfp. When I try to disconnect in mfp it reverts back to the previous screen without disconnecting.

This happens to me too when I try it on the app. If I do this through the actual website it will disconnect. It still doesn't solve my fitbit/mfp communication problem though. I keep trying though.
  • stephanieferree
    stephanieferree Posts: 3 Member
    Having the same problem. Have for about a week. Disconnected from the MFP website this morning, and it won't work. This sux.
  • ricolcolmb
    ricolcolmb Posts: 1 Member
    Having the same problem. My MFP home page says "0 Fitbit Tracker Steps" while my FitBit watch says 2,324 steps. I just want my burned calories (2,352) to carry over to MFP!!! I'm hungry!! Lol
  • cindybcdmb
    cindybcdmb Posts: 1 Member
    same issue. have tried everything
  • LazyNightOwl
    Mine seems to be resolved. I submitted an email to support and in the automated message was the following:

STEPS ISSUES

If your partner is syncing, but your steps are not, using an App, first try going to the Menu or More section in the app, and then to Steps. Using the main website go to https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/step_trackers. Once there, elect to not track any steps, then force quit the app. Wait a few minutes, then launch the app, return to the Step section and choose your partner once more. Please note, choosing a partner as a step source selects that same partner to provide your calorie adjustment: you can not have two different step sources.

I followed these directions, left it overnight and when I woke up I turned my step counter back to fitbit. Force closed my apps, restarted my whole phone and when I went back into mfp my step bar was back on my main page and it gave me my exercise adjustment on my diary page. I hope this helps everyone else.
  • z4dow
    z4dow Posts: 43 Member
    @LazyNightOwl Thank you, my problem solved.
  • LazyNightOwl
    z4dow wrote: »
    @LazyNightOwl Thank you, my problem solved.

Awesome! :)
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    I've had this problem for about 10 days, since I switched to the new dashboard. Unlinking and relinking hasn't resolved the problem
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    I spoke to fitbit this morning (was phoning because my Charge HR is coming apart again!) and mentioned this problem. Support said this was a known issue, since an upgrade that took place last and was because people were using the new look dashboard. Switched back to the old dashboard and presto! everything working again
  • brocktice
    brocktice Posts: 4 Member
    THANK you orangesmartie, that finally fixed it for me.
  • gumby2004
    gumby2004 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm having the same issue. How do I switch back to the old dashboard? (to see if this will work for me?)
  • TinoCCS
    TinoCCS Posts: 3 Member
    shecoombes wrote: »

This happens to me too when I try it on the app. If I do this through the actual website it will disconnect. It still doesn't solve my fitbit/mfp communication problem though. I keep trying though.
    Mine seems to be resolved. I submitted an email to support and in the automated message was the following:

STEPS ISSUES

If your partner is syncing, but your steps are not, using an App, first try going to the Menu or More section in the app, and then to Steps. Using the main website go to https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/step_trackers. Once there, elect to not track any steps, then force quit the app. Wait a few minutes, then launch the app, return to the Step section and choose your partner once more. Please note, choosing a partner as a step source selects that same partner to provide your calorie adjustment: you can not have two different step sources.

I followed these directions, left it overnight and when I woke up I turned my step counter back to fitbit. Force closed my apps, restarted my whole phone and when I went back into mfp my step bar was back on my main page and it gave me my exercise adjustment on my diary page. I hope this helps everyone else.

STEPS ISSUES

STEPS ISSUES

STEPS ISSUES

STEPS ISSUES

• TinoCCS
    TinoCCS Posts: 3 Member
    Finally got it to work thank you guys!
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    I just started having the issue yesterday. I switched back to the old dashboard, but haven't seen any improvements. Any other suggestions?
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Im having the same problem. It started today though.
  • FelHair
    FelHair Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Mine will not hold the previous days information. It was syncing with MFP but now it's not. I even started fresh with a new email and it's still not syncing. GRRR! I just got it Saturday.