New Guy to the ROOMAFM

Options
mheebner
mheebner Posts: 285 Member
Hey all, first I want to say thanks for the invite to the group. I guess getting invited means a couple of things....first that I am middle aged. Second that I am fat. After reading through some of the posts on this discussion forum, I do believe that I can use this as my 'Oh Hell No' moment.
Naw, just kidding about that. 40 is the new 20, and I am big-boned.

Anyway in all seriousness its amazing to find so many guys who have had such success. I look forward to learning the 'secrets' of your successes. I enjoy being active on these forums, and am a daily logger here. I will be hanging out here and contributing as well as asking many, many, many questions. (funny how 20 years ago I knew everything, but now it feels like I don't know anything).

Just a couple things about me...
I'm soon to be 41. I just celebrated my 19th wedding anniversary. My wife DEFINITLEY married down, or as I like to put it..I won the awesome/hot wife lottery. I have 4 kids 1 grandkid, all boys, ages 27(he has a 3 year old), 19, 17, and 5. Yep 5. He was my wifes 40th birthday present. :-)
I am a Green Bay Packers football fanatic, and I love college/NFL football. I enjoy BBQ, and have 3 smokers in which I partake in my other hobbies, drinking beer while smoking large cuts of pork/beef/chicken. (oh I don't even pretend to try and understand why I'm a fatt-*kitten*) I also try and get in a few weeks of fishing when I can, and hunt various things in the woods...deer, grouse, etc.

I'm glad to be a part of the whole MFP. I am glad I am starting the journey in order to be the father/husband that my family deserves. Anyone who wants to send a friend request, please do ! just be warned that while I always exercise, I don't always eat the healthiest(But I do stay within my caloric intake goal ), I drink beer/alcohol on a semi-regular basis, and I tend to cuss when I get excited about my progress(or lack thereof) and your progress !

Matt

Replies

• SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard Matt. Great group of guys here. Best of luck on your ride.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    . I enjoy BBQ, and have 3 smokers in which I partake in my other hobbies, drinking beer while smoking large cuts of pork/beef/chicken. (oh I don't even pretend to try and understand why I'm a fatt-*kitten*) I also try and get in a few weeks of fishing when I can, and hunt various things in the woods...deer, grouse, etc.

Matt

Yes you will fit in nicely. Welcome aboard Matt
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I shall start by saying welcome to the group, and feel free to ask anything, most either went through it or going through it now.

Now, to the rude observation but I only bring it up because you are my new hero. You nailed an 18 year old as a 13 year old kid? Cause if I did the math right (give or take 8 month), you sir are P I M P.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    I shall start by saying welcome to the group, and feel free to ask anything, most either went through it or going through it now.

Now, to the rude observation but I only bring it up because you are my new hero. You nailed an 18 year old as a 13 year old kid? Cause if I did the math right (give or take 8 month), you sir are P I M P.

Leave it to an Engineer to do math, never even occurred to me.
  • vtmoon
    Options

Leave it to an Engineer to do math, never even occurred to me.

Hey now! This is the guy who like 10 years later the middle schoolers were still talking about. Almost as big as the guy who bangs the teacher, lol.
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Good catch !!
    My wife is 6 years older than me and had her son Joe at the age of 18, years before we were together. I adopted him when we got married.
    But...just to keep the image alive.....:smokin:

My wife and I grew up 4 houses down from each other. She was in prime baby-sitting age when I was still pretty young so of course she used to be my babysitter back then....ha. Don't ever let her know I shared this with all you guys. :happy:
  • vtmoon
    Options
    Good catch !!
    My wife is 6 years older than me and had her son Joe at the age of 18, years before we were together. I adopted him when we got married.

My wife and I grew up 4 houses down from each other. She was in prime baby-sitting age when I was still pretty young so of course she used to be my babysitter back then....ha. Don't ever let her know I shared this with all you guys. :happy:

Not quiet as legendary as sleeping with your teacher but banging (meant very respectfully) the babysitter is still EPIC. :laugh:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    Good catch !!

Not quiet as legendary as sleeping with your teacher but banging (meant very respectfully) the babysitter is still EPIC. :laugh:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15120-1363359285-0.gif

Yep, have to agree