How do I get steps from Apple Watch into MFP?

Options
kickinmom
kickinmom Posts: 24 Member
I set up mfp to read health data. I set up the app on my watch. Still not seeing steps or activity.

Replies

• hydeaway62
    hydeaway62 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Have you gone into Health Data - Sources and set up what can be shared with MFP?
  • morynne
    morynne Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had that issue myself where it wasn't updating. I ended up telling MFP not to track steps, closed the app, then went back in and fixed the setting back to Apple Watch
  • MileHigh4Wheeler
    MileHigh4Wheeler Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've learned that MFP doesn't play well with Apple Health and in order for any exercise that I do to get logged into MFP I have to go in MFP and force it to refresh (pulling down from the top of the page and holding for a second) so it will recognize the days activity.

That being said, I gave up on caring about having my activity in MFP a long time ago. It's all in Health and I can pull reports and export the living daylights out of it if I want to know something. The only time I like it is when it adds X calories to my day - but now I've already pre-compensated for any such extra calorie information and don't care if MFP knows I worked out or not.
  • njames4
    njames4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm finding that after a cardio work out MFP is only taking into consideration my actual steps taken from my watch and not my workout active workout calories burned. Its pretty annoying and one would think they would be able to work out some sort of cross device interface to pull in the information already on the watch in its entirety rather than just 10% of the information.