Week 4 - Nov 21 to Nov 27

Options
JMarcella57
JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
edited November 2016 in Social Groups
I've been trying to find what will work for where I am now. So far, not so much. So, my hubby and I discussed it this weekend and I've decided to go back to where I started. Basically, I will be super focused on what I eat and basically super focused on the whole process. So goals for this week:

1. Log everything, every day
2. Sleep is essential. 7 to 8 hours a day
3. Remember to drink my water
4. No highly processed foods
5. Some type of activity and weights 4 days

The family snacks will go back to their rooms and out of the kitchen.

Replies

• bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    This is going to be hard week because of Thanksgiving and other family gatherings. My plan is to taste everything but not go over board and not bring any leftovers home. Maybe I will make a big pot of cabbage soup to eat during the week when we are not out dining with others. I am not going to gain back the pounds I have already lost and have to start over. I guess my goal this week is to be in control and not let food control me.
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    bm1409 wrote: »
    my goal this week is to be in control and not let food control me.
    Repeat after me: Food is not the boss of me! I love your attitude!

For Christmas I've already decided to enjoy a slice of pumpkin pie WITH Cool Whip. I'm trading those carbs and calories for the rolls and mashed potatoes. My step mom is vegan so I know there'll be lots of yummy vegetable options to fill up on.
  • barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Working 12hr shift on Thanksgiving which could mean 12hr grazing!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    barbhat13 wrote: »
    Working 12hr shift on Thanksgiving which could mean 12hr grazing!

Doesn't sound like a fun way to spend the holiday. Hopefully, you can at least find some good items to graze on.
  • barbhat13
    Options
    Just ran a race before work and had a faster time so motivated to graze healthy at work.
  • tress29
    Options
    Just ran a race before work...
    And that gives you a few extra calories to graze with. Congrats on besting your time!
  • barbhat13
    Options
    Made it thru the potluck at work! Helps I don't like pie! But didn't really graze either.. Ate after race and before work so wasn't hungry... At first
  • tress29
    Options
    Ate after race and before work so wasn't hungry... At first
    At first? That sounds ominous!

• JMarcella57
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Enjoyed wonderful food and drink yesterday with the family. But only as much as it took to be satisfied and mostly just real foods. Left off the dessert. Slept great and woke up refreshed after standing and cooking and doing dishes most of yesterday. Maybe there should be a cardio exercise for holiday food prep/kitchen duty.

This gives me hope for getting through the rest of the holidays without sabotage. I really want to stay strong and just get to my final goal by the end of May or June (after basically doing nothing for all of 2016). I'm just ready to finish the process and move to maintenance.

Happy Black Friday Shopping Day!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    1. Log everything, every day (6 of 7)
    2. Sleep is essential. 7 to 8 hours a day (6 of 7)
    3. Remember to drink my water (Yes)
    4. No highly processed foods (Yes, all but one small cinnamon roll)
    5. Some type of activity and weights 4 days (Yes)
    It seems odd (with this being Thanksgiving week), but I was finally back on track this week. Go figure. After not accomplishing anything this past year (outside of all the gains and losses), I really, really want to reach my goal and move on. My family is very supportive. So, I am attempting to be super focused and get it done in the next 4 to 6 months. I would love to spend this summer nailing the concept of maintenance instead of still working on losing.