All My Pokemon CP Changed?!

Options
SusanMFindlay
SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
Just opened my "look at all your Pokemon" screen (sorted by CP) and all of a sudden they're in a totally different order. All of my Arcanines have been "demoted", my Golem is suddenly at 2300 instead of 1900 and my Nidoking and Nidoqueen that used to be within 1 CP are 50 CP apart.

I Googled and didn't see any announcement of a CP recalculation, but I guess there must have been?

Replies

• davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    They were changed. Niantic said they wanted to balance the pokedex more than it was. I'm not sure about the logic of some of the changes but overall I think it is better. I don't think it was fair to do it now though after we have powered up specific monsters only to find their power diminished but I guess this is just part of playing the game :-) If you look on nthe silth road, people have calculated what it all means :-)
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I didn't get hurt too badly by the "oops I powered up all the wrong Pokemon" issue because my personal goal is to get one maxed out "battle with the best of them" Pokemon of each "good" species anyway. I was never into building a big army of one or two things; diversity is more fun to me. But I don't necessarily think anything's particularly more balanced; there are just different "best" species now and the gyms are full of Rhydon instead of Arcanine.

The OCD in me *hated* that all my Pokemon "moved" when sorted by CP though (my default sorting system).