CF Love and Prayers for my niece

Options
13»

Replies

• Kmh45126
    Kmh45126 Posts: 21
    Options
    OP, so glad your niece enjoyed it!!

Jane, Cindy, whoever you are...go find a crossfit hate board to rant on, it's not appreciated here.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Apologizes about the return of the troll, blocking her from the group...

No worries. She will be back eventually. She clearly has issues.
  • georgie304
    georgie304 Posts: 143
    Options
    Apologizes about the return of the troll, blocking her from the group...

Thanks! And it certainly is not your (mod's) fault. She is clearly bonkers!
  • georgie304
    Options
    So Friday she was not up for a workout, but I did take her to roll out. It was a mix of painful moans and groans and pleasurable ones. LOL

She felt so much better after rollin out and stretching that she jumped on the Airdyne for a few minutes and did some push ups. I checked on her on Sat and she said she couldn't wait to get back in there today.

She said eating clean was a challenge in the house with everyone else. I told her to eliminate 1 group at a time...sugars, grains, dairy.... I told her to build up to 80/20 on clean eating. My brother's household eats junk beyond junk! My nephew loves to come by us so he can have juice and milk. They buy generic pop b/c it is cheaper.

It is a work in progress. One day at a time. Even if her eating is a slower process....at least she is working out which is a HUGE change.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    ^that does make it harder but you can still do it.

My wife doesn't eat total crap but she will not give up her carbs, so I just have to mentally train myself to pretend it's not available to me.

It's not that hard if I eat right and make sure I don't get too hungry.
  • georgie304
    Options
    ^that does make it harder but you can still do it.

My wife doesn't eat total crap but she will not give up her carbs, so I just have to mentally train myself to pretend it's not available to me.

It's not that hard if I eat right and make sure I don't get too hungry.

Problem is... Mom does the shopping... There are no healthy foods in the house. She's got to try to train them to help her and be on board and get healthy stuff in the house. Easier said than done.

Like any other addicted parents... They aren't interested in acknowledging that THEY have a problem...they would rather keep her fat so they don't have to face their own issues.

Addicts want to have everyone else join them so they don't have to deal with their own mess.

It will be a hard fight.... She did say that her mom is interested in coming and checking it out. Frankly, I wonder if it is to jump in and get on board or if it is to delfate her tires. Really hoping it is that she is ready to get herself healthy and maybe even the rest of the family!
  • georgie304
    Options
    She survived burpees on Monday's WOD and is ready to get back in there today. She said yesterday's soreness wasn't as bad as it was last week.
  • happyheathen927
    happyheathen927 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • georgie304
    Options
    She sure is a persistent troll!

So glad you can delete PMs without opening them. :happy:
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    She sure is a persistent troll!

So glad you can delete PMs without opening them. :happy:

I think you can block her too - and you should report her as well (you've clearly expressed that you are not interested in her opinions on this, and she is continuing to harass you. She is also anti-CF, and is trolling the CF Love group). I think section 11b of the MFP guidelines is relevant, and you may want to report her to Olivia. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Hopefully they can figure out how to block a user's IP address instead of just disabling that user ID. Obviously, she is just going on to create new profiles whenever she has been banned.
  • georgie304
    Options
    The whole...ignore her and she'll go away isn't quite working. LOL

I deleted the message to fast. I will block her if she sends me another.
  • georgie304
    Options
    Yesterday she went to roll out and ended up doing the WOD. When I brought her home she said I feel amazing right now!

She is working on her diet... last night she had 2 brats, no bun or sauce... salad and 3-4 potato chips. Not great...but better than having pizza 3 days last week. And she is pushing fruit/veggie infused water.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Yesterday she went to roll out and ended up doing the WOD. When I brought her home she said I feel amazing right now!

She is working on her diet... last night she had 2 brats, no bun or sauce... salad and 3-4 potato chips. Not great...but better than having pizza 3 days last week. And she is pushing fruit/veggie infused water.

Baby steps. That's pretty good. Next is to push towards water. My general rule is that unless I'm getting a buzz off it, I don't drink my calories. Ever. I'd much rather eat them.
  • georgie304
    Options

Baby steps. That's pretty good. Next is to push towards water. My general rule is that ***unless I'm getting a buzz off it***, I don't drink my calories. Ever. I'd much rather eat them.

LOL
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    ^I'm all about eating Paleo but I'm not giving up beer. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!
  • georgie304
    Options
    It's all about finding a balance. It can't all be able physical fitness. You need to be able to relax, unwind, and enjoy life for mental wellness.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Updates?
  • georgie304
    Options
    Last week she only did 1 day b/c she is in retail and her hours got changed to 2-9:30 for 4 of 5 days. I told her to just so to the AM class without me, but she's still not that comfortable yet. So she only did 1 of the 4:30 classes with me.

BUT... She is kicking butt evertime she is there. After the WOD and she catches her breath...she's always looking to try some different too. She's doing awesome! Great attitude!

She is in IN this week on vacation, so no WODs this week.

I don't know if she is gonna do the Whole Life Challenge with us or not. She probably doesn't have the $44 for the program... I am hoping that even if she doesn't join the challenge, she will still do the program from the sidelines with me. We'll see. She really needs to be serious about her eating.

I decided last night to do the 24 day Advocare Challenge/Cleanse leading up to this.... Kinda prime my body for the Whole Life Challenge. I am normally like an 80/20 Paleo.... For the WLC I am gonna do strict Paleo. Hoping I can get her on board with a more well rounded approach to her health.

Thanks for asking!