Can't stop singing this song

Options
casmithis
casmithis Posts: 216 Member
"The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes"

Don't get me wrong, I love it. But do you think it's supposed to mean something??

Have a great day everyone.

Cindy

Replies

• loistryin
    loistryin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I think it means we should sing in the morning and the evening praises to our heavenly Father. Singing will help take the focus off our struggles and on to His power, protection and guidance. Thanks for the reminder.
  • lighthouse1962
    lighthouse1962 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    “The sun comes up, it’s a new day dawning, it’s time to sing Your song again. Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me, let me be signing when the evening comes.” Those lines strengthen me as I go throughout my day; to hold on to that attitude of being willing to sing no matter what. To find strength in the midst of struggle; to be moved to worship in the midst of everything.
    My hope is that we allow music to strengthen our faith in God, to strengthen our feet and hearts as we follow in the way of Jesus, and to strengthen our community as we learn to sing together.
  • jmnicholas
    jmnicholas Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The whole song is about the many reasons we have to praise God - the song's title is 10,000 reasons.

For me, it reminds me to keep on finding those examples of common grace, to praise Him, no matter what.

Matt Redman, who wrote the song, has contruibuted some devotional material to Bible.com, which may help you work out what it means for you, if anything...
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It has come to me know. God's taught me I need him both good days and bad (all 10,000 reasons). Like you said "common grace". Nothing earth shattering just every day instances I tend to take for granted.