Binging like crazy....

Hi All,

Looking for some support as I have been binging like crazy the last 4 days (if you do look in my food diary, I have spread it out to eat less on different days/try to burn it off) Anyways need some help because I've been slowly losing weight and I don't want to gain it back. I thought I was doing it fairly healthily but now I can't seem to stop eating. :(

Replies

• Kiwi_Billings
    Kiwi_Billings Posts: 76 Member
    Been there too! It's hard each day. I eat ketogenic which helps me and works for me. Once I go off plan, I get in real trouble with binging. Logging my meals and exercise ahead helps me a lot.
  • BlueAfternoon
    BlueAfternoon Posts: 40 Member
    Oh girl! I've been there! It sucks so much. And it's this vicious cycle that you just can't escape from. Binge>Loathing>Shame>Recovery>Refresh>Binge and then it starts all over again.

Now. Here's what I do. I'm the sort of person to go: if I screw up even once with my eating (go over even a little bit), I'll be like, '*kitten* it, I'm writing off the whole day'. But even if I cannot control my food, I make sure I go to the gym or I exercise.

Even if you feel like *kitten*. Even if you've just eating an entire pint of icecream and all the chocolate you could find and you feel bloated and *kitten* and ugly and useless. You goddamn go for a walk. Or a run if you can manage.

Binge eating for me goes hand in hand with depression. So there are little things that I MAKE SURE I do.

- Get some sunshine (even if it's for 5 minutes). This means GO OUTSIDE
    - Do at least one thing of exercise per day. This could be as tiny as going for a walk around the block
    - Know that this is not going to happen overnight. Small baby steps.
    - This is controversial, but I slowly wean myself off the bad food. If you try to change your habits over night, it won't work. Start by bingeing on healthy foods that you actually enjoy (i.e., for me, it was massive salads with avocado and tuna and *kitten* like that). And then gradually, you lessen your portion sizes and don't crave the *kitten* so much.
    - Know your trigger foods and keep them outside of the house. Out of sight, out of mind
    - During your journey, you are going to binge again. I'm sorry, but you are. Prepare for this by having "healthy binge foods" on hand. In my head, Bingeing on carrots or apples or rocket or whatever you choose is way better than bingeing on icecream or candy.

You need to know that binge eating yes, is tied to things like emotions or perfectionism or pressure etc. But it's also because you're not eating enough. Please listen to me because I recently lost 40kg, only to gain half of it back through binge eating disorder because I restricted too much the first time.

Message me or add me if you need extra support! x
  • Oh girl! I've been there! It sucks so much. And it's this vicious cycle that you just can't escape from. Binge>Loathing>Shame>Recovery>Refresh>Binge and then it starts all over again.

Now. Here's what I do. I'm the sort of person to go: if I screw up even once with my eating (go over even a little bit), I'll be like, '*kitten* it, I'm writing off the whole day'. But even if I cannot control my food, I make sure I go to the gym or I exercise.

Even if you feel like *kitten*. Even if you've just eating an entire pint of icecream and all the chocolate you could find and you feel bloated and *kitten* and ugly and useless. You goddamn go for a walk. Or a run if you can manage.

Binge eating for me goes hand in hand with depression. So there are little things that I MAKE SURE I do.

- Get some sunshine (even if it's for 5 minutes). This means GO OUTSIDE
    - Do at least one thing of exercise per day. This could be as tiny as going for a walk around the block
    - Know that this is not going to happen overnight. Small baby steps.
    - This is controversial, but I slowly wean myself off the bad food. If you try to change your habits over night, it won't work. Start by bingeing on healthy foods that you actually enjoy (i.e., for me, it was massive salads with avocado and tuna and *kitten* like that). And then gradually, you lessen your portion sizes and don't crave the *kitten* so much.
    - Know your trigger foods and keep them outside of the house. Out of sight, out of mind
    - During your journey, you are going to binge again. I'm sorry, but you are. Prepare for this by having "healthy binge foods" on hand. In my head, Bingeing on carrots or apples or rocket or whatever you choose is way better than bingeing on icecream or candy.

You need to know that binge eating yes, is tied to things like emotions or perfectionism or pressure etc. But it's also because you're not eating enough. Please listen to me because I recently lost 40kg, only to gain half of it back through binge eating disorder because I restricted too much the first time.

Message me or add me if you need extra support! x

I think you may be right about not eating enough. During Christmas, I ate way more than usual but I was dropping a lot of water weight. My problem is I have a really hard time eating actual proper sized meals. Like I'll eat a lot, but it's just little bits (which I think ends up adding to more calories in the end). I find junk food easier to eat, which makes no sense.

I really just want to be able to eat normal meals and not be anxious about it. It's been so long though, and unless I'm eating with someone at a meal, I don't eat properly. So so stuck, and feeling really ill. Combined with drinking too much. The more I want to but can't eat, more I drink.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Hi reaching, really great you are being honest about where you are at. Being conscious of yourself can be the first step out of the problem. Glad you àre here, you ar not alone.
  • emdarling07
    emdarling07 Posts: 24 Member
    Reaching out for me is the best way to prevent my ED behavior. Do you have friends/family who you trust to hold a safe space for you when you're feeling like over-eating?
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Hi Em, what a good way to put it, "hold a safe space for you", I really like that.