6-week challenge

Options
crimsongrey
crimsongrey Posts: 329 Member
edited December 2016 in Social Groups
Hi All,
I have decided to commit to doing 5 workouts and 5-6 rides a week until January 13th when I will be taking my ponies to South Carolina to start my show season. I work for a trainer while there and the days are long and exhausting. I want to be as fit as possible so that I can thoroughly enjoy the experience without being drained.
Does anyone want to join me? What are you willing to commit to? Everyone can choose their own specific plan. Let's support each other in our fitness goals!
On Monday, I will be starting an accountability thread where I will share what I accomplish each day. I hope some of you will join me :)

Replies

• purplemolko
    purplemolko Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What sort of rides and workouts will you be doing?
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    Personally, I will have a mix of dressage and jump rides, but anyone can chose their own plan. Whatever gets you motivated to get on and burn some calories and become more fit :smile:
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    And same for workouts. Basically, whatever you decide to commit to doing. Let's just hold each other accountable.
  • snookb276
    snookb276 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm riding outdoors...no indoor arena ...but plan on staying fit this winter with riding compatible exercise like yoga for balance, strength and flexibility.
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    I realize that not everyone will have the opportunity to ride 5 times a week, so just decide what you can commit to and post your progress as we go. And any planned and purposeful exercise counts as a workout. It can be super challenging to be an "equestrian athlete" this time of year for many of us who live in areas with weather challenges, especially during the holidays, so let's help each other to stay motivated to reach our goals :)
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    snookb276 wrote: »
    I'm riding outdoors...no indoor arena ...but plan on staying fit this winter with riding compatible exercise like yoga for balance, strength and flexibility.

Yoga is sooo good for riding! Good for you!
  • melleoh
    melleoh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can commit to this! With help haha. I'm a yoga/pilates instructor but sometimes it can be hard to motivate myself to work out outside my classes...AND hard to motivate myself to ride at 9pm when I've finished teaching. But I CAN do it!
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    @melleo YES YOU CAN!!! Welcome :)
  • jlyle73
    jlyle73 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm late to join but since this is pretty much my routine already ... I am good with the working out and riding, not so consistent with the diet :( I use youtube videos to work out every week day morning - just finished this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ8yI0pj7FA - which I have done every Wednesday in 2016, even when in Ocala and Mexico. I rotate through other short HIIT/tabata workouts for the other 4 days. I'm sure to ride 5-6 days a week trying to keep my horse fit for Ocala - he leaves on the 2nd with out me (he is going to be sold :( A little panicked about having all that free time once he is gone. looking at trying yoga, Pilates & other classes I've never had time for - need to fill that time productively!