Back with 2 under 2!

Options
_funrungirl
_funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
I joined this group over a year ago to help get the pounds off after the birth of my daughter. I pretty much stopped participating when I got pregnant again! My newest baby boy is 3 months old.

My babies are 11 months apart, so basically I've been pregnant for 2 years straight! I'm not sure what that does to my body but we are going to find out.

CW: 154
GW: Less than 154

My prepregnancy life was running 3-4 days a week. I was doing 2-3 half marathons a year and going on hiking trips.

I want to get back into fitness shape more than anything. I'm honestly not concerned with what the scale says. I figure the weight will come off as I start working out and eating healthy.

My biggest challenge is food. I hate cooking (my husband does most of the cooking) and I'm a lazy eater.

I will snack on chips just as easily as carrots if the carrots are not already chopped. I'm working to cure my food laziness, but it seems like I will do great for a week or so then completely fall off new habits. I really don't have anyone to be my tough love food friend and I know there will be times when I need some tough love.

Right now I'm working out 3 times a week:
1 bootcamp class (group class)
1 personal training session
1 yoga class

We have a treadmill and weight set at home, I just lack the motivation to use them. Part of the problem is sleep. The littlest one has JUST started sleeping though the night most of the week. On the nights he sleeps through, I wake up paranoid because he hasn't woken up, so even though he is sleeping I'm still not. I know this will get better but right now <sigh>.

I'm glad to be back and getting back into working out. I've read a lot of the other posts and am already inspired to keep going! Keep up the good work ladies!

Cindy

Replies

• ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Congratulations on the new baby! I have 3 children, ages 9, soon to be 4, and soon to be 2.

First off, be gentle with yourself. Back to back pregnancies and lack of sleep is tough! I'm a total snacker and junk food lover, and it's easier for me to get into a fitness routine than to eat healthy. You're doing great by already having classes.

What's helped me diet wise is logging meals (like seriously logging by weighing foods and being completely honest) and doing a bit of meal planning. Have veggies washed and cut and put in easily accessible and visible containers. Same with fruits. Make these visible and accessible so your less likely to turn to unhealthy things. Hide the junk! I used to put them in my basement kitchen so it'd be out of sight and out of mind.it really helped. Have lean meats and fish in your freezer or fridge. You can simply thaw, drizzle with olive oil and seasonings, and bake with a side of pre-cut veggies. So easy! I keep a container of hard boiled eggs already peeled in the fridge for snacks and breakfast as well.

Stay hydrated whenever you start craving something. Don't confuse thirst with hunger. Or busy yourself with a task. Hungry? Try cleaning or folding laundry for 10 mins. Or go for a walk and then see if the craving is still there.

Do you have family or friends to help you stay motivated? That really helps too.

I used to carry my babies in an Ergo carrier for walks and they'd get in a long nap while I got in a long workout. My daughter would be in a jogging stroller and my youngest in the carrier.

Wishing you the best of luck!