Fitbit still not syncing to MFP

Options
dmoses
dmoses Posts: 786 Member
I have had the issue for the last week or so, my Fitbit Blaze will not sync with MFP. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting, changing back to the old Fitbit dashboard, and nothing is working. Is this a known issue? What can I do to resolve this?

Replies

• shrutisonni
    shrutisonni Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Following.. I am having similar issues with my Fitbit Alta linking to MFP.
  • lmew91
    lmew91 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Following, I am having this issue with my Alta. I have updated both apps, and also unconnected then reconnected my device to MFP.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I went into Fitbit setting and revoked access to MFP, then went to MFP and disconnected Fitbit tracker from there. I then went back to MFP and reconnected the Fitbit tracker app. Fingers crossed but all seems to be working at the moment. Urgh...
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Mine was working fine up until the past 2 days. Now, nothing. :(

Edited to add: It's working fine on Fitbit's end. It's MFP that's screwed up.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Mine was syncing earlier today, then I looked at MFP tonight all my activity calories had disappeared.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Only the last week?

Count yourself lucky all the prior time.

You could have a lot of comments in here about the months of bad syncing.
  • RLF022012
    RLF022012 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Mine has also stopped for the last two days and it's the same as previously noted -- Fitbit side working fine; MFP not working at all. Is it worth doing all the disconnect/reconnect stuff or not? Is anyone from MFP out there working on this issue?
  • PixelFit
    PixelFit Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I see there are at least a couple of threads discussing this issue, so I'll post here and monitor for updates. :) So yesterday (12/4), My Fitbit Zip stopped syncing steps to my MFP account (both iOs, and internet). Also, MFP stopped syncing calories to my Fitbit app (both iOs and internet).

Today I:
    Rebooted both apps and restarted my phone.
    Deactivated my Zip from MFP, and from Fitbit.
    Reactivated my Zip on MFP, and confirmed the connection on the Fitbit website.
    Rebooted both apps...

Now the calories are counting correctly, but my steps aren't syncing from my Zip to MFP.

UPDATE!
    I just went to prepare some screenshots, and now my steps are counting in MFP too!!! It took about an hour or so from the time I completed the above steps to the time I decided to write this post, lol.

Anyway, THANKS dmoses (above) for the solution. It worked for me too!
  • dashaclaire
    dashaclaire Posts: 127 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Alta having the same problem just in the last few as well.
    I have tried all the steps listed above as well a deleting MFP and reinstalling.
    Nothing has worked. I am noticing that when I disconnect from fitbit in MFP and close the app, I am connected again when I go back in. Even though I revoked MFP access from FitBit. Hope they fix it soon.

Update: I used a real computer, went to MFP and disconnected my FitBit, then reconnected with the app. Seems to be working.
  • laineylou74
    laineylou74 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I originally synced my fitbit flex but now have a charge 2. How do I sync my new device as when I disconnect my flex and try to connect my new device my flex reconnects. Please help.
  • marvelboy11
    marvelboy11 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Interest read folks (and hello, im new!) but I keep getting a little confuzzled with the sync. I automatically use my Blaze to log my gym sessions each day, its what its for, right? But it doesnt seem to sync those, only my steps, to MFP - is this correct or am I expecting too much? Thank you :)
  • pjmuise
    pjmuise Posts: 16 Member
    Options
  • pjmuise
    pjmuise Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Marvel Boy Exercise tracking exercise. On MFP click exercise go to the exercise database manually enter exercise, reps etc.
    I'm not sure how much information will transfer from Fitbit to MFP it was limited.

You can also set up exercises on the fitbit dashboard I can't vouch for accuracy

• heybales
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Interest read folks (and hello, im new!) but I keep getting a little confuzzled with the sync. I automatically use my Blaze to log my gym sessions each day, its what its for, right? But it doesnt seem to sync those, only my steps, to MFP - is this correct or am I expecting too much? Thank you :)

Correct - workouts don't sync from Fitbit to MFP even when all is working correctly.

Only the daily calorie burn and steps comes over.

MFP does math from that daily calorie burn.

Read the FAQ in the stickies for what is being done.

And recommend do NOT log workouts on MFP despite MFP saying that. Again - in the FAQ.
  • MrsA1313
    MrsA1313 Posts: 10 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I just got my Flex 2 the other day. I've never had a fitbit before. In this "Help" post the MFP Agent says to use a regular computer, not the phone apps. https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/16763398-fitbit
    I did that and it seemed to be working, but I'm not entirely sure. I've read and reread all the FAQs my brain can handle. I think I need to make a chart just to know what syncs to where and when.

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/16763398-fitbit This one

So, because this isn't syncing, and I walked another 3k steps after the last sync, will it adjust everything? For example, it estimated that daily calorie burn was 500. But my actual calorie burn (from fitbit) was 1000. So because MFP didn't adjust, I went over my calorie intake at dinner. But that's not accurate? Doesn't it need to sync and update? The FAQs say that it can change throughout the day, but that's only if it sync right? I'm so confused on this.
  • heybales
    Options
    You did not go over your daily intake if no sync happened - because MFP never raised your intake to match the fact you ended up doing more after your last sync.

Correct though it should change through the day as it syncs - but only if it syncs - or perhaps you end up burning for rest the day exactly what MFP thought you would anyway. In which case last adjustment amount stays.

But view the specifics of that Fitbit adjustment - it gives what time and the amount of calories the sync was it's basing it's math on.

Oh - that 500 was not your daily burn, nor was the 1000.
    If that 500 was the amount of the adjustment - that means you have burned 500 more than MFP expected based on the activity level you selected.
    That could be exercise, or purely increased daily activity and no exercise, or combo.

A chart would be rather simple.
    Fitbit sends steps for viewing, and total daily calorie burn for math to MFP.
    MFP sends food meal totals for math, and workouts manually entered (or synced in from 3rd source) for replacing Fitbit stats, to Fitbit.
    Weight changes go both ways.
  • jesslroy820
    jesslroy820 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi - Given that it seems many people had an issue right around the same time, has there been any movement from MFP on root cause & actual fix? I'm extremely frustrated upon realizing that starting with last Tuesday nothing has been syncing - I've been through the steps of revoking access on FB, then uninstalling/installing on MFP - still not working. I have 0 steps from FB on MFP for the past week or so....
  • thatonechick1987
    Options
    Same issue. Everything says it's working but fitbit and mfp don't seem to be speaking to eachother. It's Dec 20 and it started Dec 15th in the afternoon sometime.
  • pr31wb
    pr31wb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue, and it started late on the 15th as well. I'm becoming extremely frustrated as the only reason I started using MFP is because it syncs with fitbit.
    Same issue. Everything says it's working but fitbit and mfp don't seem to be speaking to eachother. It's Dec 20 and it started Dec 15th in the afternoon sometime.

• Misteryadas
    Misteryadas Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Just got a Charge 2 on wednesday. Can't get it to sync in any way. Have tried everything. Unlinking accounts, uninstalling apps...

*edit Everything seems to be working ok at this moment. I'll keep an eye on it and keep you guys up to date.