Like Minded Lushes - December 2016

Options
SoCalWoman
SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
edited December 2016 in Social Groups
It's the last month of the year and you know what that means: lots of celebrations and libations!! The lush thread is the perfect place to share...whether you're trying to moderate or are just giving into the season. We're here to support each other. :drinker:

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hope you don't mind me starting the new thread, Robin. Figured you were busy and stressed out enough.

I wrapped up a huge project yesterday and am basically off until next year. I've been moderating well but may celebrate this weekend and also get up all the holiday decorations. I do need to get my exercise routine going again as well. I think I've managed to get rid of this virus or whatever it was I was fighting.
    Hope everyone is doing well.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Aloha Everyone!!!

Syd, I am fighting something for the last week 1/2....ugh!!!
    We were supposed to go camping out in Hana Thursday and Friday, but I was out for the count, even had to take a sick day Monday.... :grumble:
    So that about sums up my Thanksgiving, BUT trust me lushes, I did my fair share of drinking...had to kill the virus :wink:

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-???
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Mon - 1
    Tues - 3
    Wed - 1.5
    Thurs - 3 glasses of wine?

I stopped for a bottle of wine and got a nice one. As I was checking out, I saw a fancy looking box of wine that the guy told me was about $22, which the bottle price was not much less than. It ended up being $32, but is good. Box of wine is a slippery slope for me....I just keep filling it up! We don't have anything planned tonight so probably just a few glasses of that red.

My daughter has her dance recital Sunday so that will take most of the day.

Enjoy the weekend lushes!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Yeah I'd probably drink the whole box :drinker:

My car died today and the son is in urgent care. Drinks will be had tonight. :/
    Happy weekend lushes
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    We took it easy Friday. I went to yoga after work, went to dinner (had 2 glasses of wine) and had 2 more glasses at home. Fell asleep before 11. Saturday made a cider and rum around 3ish, had some wine with dinner, had 3 hard ciders at a festival, then had way more red wine than I needed at the neighbors'. Went to bed around midnight but was a little rough yesterday. My daughter did well at her recital; it was super cute.

I was planning on drying out a couple days, but we're decorating the tree tonight and I sort of like drinking wine when I do that....

I am going to dry out for probably a couple weeks after the new year. My liver and waistline will thank me. :/
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Busy on Saturday...dealt with the car, got all the decorations up. Drank wine slowly throughout the day..but by evening I was tired and tipsy.
    Had just 1 glass last night.
    I think the son is on the mend. Hoping for a good week.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Super busy weekend...too many libations were consumed!
    Back to working out and moderating!
    Monday - 0
    Tonight -0 is the plan!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Monday - about 2 glasses of red
    Tuesday - I need a 0
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I'm in a rut :|
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    SoCalWoman wrote: »
    I'm in a rut :|

I feel you cause I'm in the same boat...ugh! Keep gaining and losing the same stupid pounds and can't seem to get myself together to get past about 5 lbs. I know what to do just can't seem to commit... :p
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hello my dear lushes. I have returned. It has been stressful and crazy.

Thank you very much for starting the thread Syd. I knew I could count on you. I am sorry you are in a rut and that your car died and I hope the son is okay.

I love box wine (well the better ones) And yes I drink way too much when I have them.

Family drama remains. Doug's sister emails out of the blue saying she wanted to talk to him. This is the sister that 5 years ago blocked us from social media and said we would never speak again because we wouldn't pay off a debt that their mom generated from a credit card that the sister gave her. Anyway he struggled with what to do which means I got to be the voice of reason and is stressful enough. We both imbibed a bit. I think the eventual phone call cleared the air some and level set expectations.

I used to absolutely love the holidays. I would decorate like crazy, play music and bake and now I just don't do anything. We don't decorate, no one ever sees our house anyway and we usually go somewhere warm. Well not this year. We haven't found a place for Bodi and it has been a very rough year for him since the terror of his kennel stay last Christmas when we went to Jamaica. So we are going to work on the bathroom that we started to remodel after a little fire two years ago. And drink. And eat. And be merry gosh darnit.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I am in that rut with you guys as well. I pinched a nerve or something in my lower back and haven't been able to get workouts in. As usual, the holidays bring good and bad stress and generally make it difficult to stay on track.

I will toast a few to the group tonight!

Cold here, may get more snow tomorrow!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I sort of planned on not drinking yesterday, but my son cried pretty consistently for an hour straight, so I poured wine at 5:20. Then we took the (finally happy) kids downtown to look at lights and went to dinner. I had equivalent to probably 3 glasses of wine and a big cocktail. Oops. It was fun though. We've been in a rut with the kids on weekdays, because it's cold now and we aren't leaving the house so the kids are pretty much watching TV all night.... :/ So it was good to get out.

Tonight is Eric's Christmas party. It's not at his office, where I got sh*tfaced last year....think tequila shots..... but at a bowling alley and we only get 2 drink tickets so we'll see....

On a happy note, we went and toured another school this morning for Daphne to start kindergarten. It's our "reside" school. Louisville still does "bussing" so it's very complicated. Anyways, we really like the school and will likely get it in we rank it 1st so that's good.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    rjadams wrote: »
    And drink. And eat. And be merry gosh darnit.
    Sounds like a good plan, Robin!
    Eeek to the pinched nerve, Gary. That's no fun.
    Enjoy the party, Ashley!
    I'm drinking wine every night. Did manage to get in some exercise today, so that's good. This has been the longest m'fing week! :/

• kblue2007
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!
    Work has been bonkers busy, not in a bad way though. Not too much stress, just crazy days!!!!
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0, well that is the plan!

Gary-sorry to hear about the pinched nerve....NOT FUN!!!!
    Robin-HIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love your plan. We will be doing something very similar!!
    Ashley-have a great time at the party...tequila shots = yummy + danger. We had our Christmas party Saturday and each got one drink ticket.....That did not stop me from purchasing more :wink:
    It was a fun party. We did one of those painting parties...fun times!!!!

• Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I drank plenty last night. Very sleepy today. We won a $400 HH Greg gift card! And I bowled over 100 for the first time ever. That is all. Have a great weekend!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Nice Ashley!!!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0
    Friday-I'm gonna have some drinks.....4 maybe??? Planning on grabbing a bite to eat out, as well.

I haven't weighed myself since August and today I hopped on the scale (ONLY because I was going to the DR and wanted to be prepared :laugh: ) AND I lost almost 2lbs....I totally attribute that to not drinking during the week. Gives me motivation to continue, zeros Mon-Thurs!!!

No real plans this weekend. Kona winds have brought rainy and humid weather to Maui for the last two weeks. No water activities. We might take a walk to the aquarium Sunday, weather pending.
    Otherwise, vet visit for the kittens Saturday morning, some cooking, some baking??!!!!

Have a fabulous weekend :bigsmile:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Nice job Kate! That is my goal for the new year: 0's M-Th. It's really about setting habits. I have fallen into the bad habit of drinking pretty much every day except Mondays.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And eating out too often and not exercising enough.........
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I had a mostly lazy weekend, but I almost finished my Christmas shopping!

I had one cider Friday night.
    Saturday had 3 beers at a birthday party. Later that night Eric and I split a bottle of wine and then 2 big cocktails and I had another cocktail. It was over a long period, so I was fine yesterday.
    Sunday went to lunch with some friends in from out of town and had a big mule. Eric was at the Colts game so I was solo. Put the kids down for nap and had 2 mules (one with the end of the vodka so weak) and watched a movie. Ran some errands later on. Got a bottle of wine and drank it and it just made me sleepy and have heartburn.
    I will have 0's Monday and Tuesday and get some activity in. I feel like a slug!