Sue's Successes

Options
Im Sue, 53 married 30 years, 2 adult kids, Aussie living on Gold Coast. Im a full time Uber driver recently.

I started focusing on this journey 17 months ago. Been dieting since I was 10 and obese already then. In 43 years Ive done every diet, even weird ones but always yo-yod & on average put on 6lbs a year & a bit more for 2 pregnancies. 3 years ago I resolved that im just one of those who fail & my lot in life is to just be a big girl.

2 years ago my 25 year old daughter was attacked by a bird & speared in the eye. She moved back home, couldnt drive for 8 months & needed extensive nursing every 2 hours Something had to give, so i stopped home cooking & moved to prepared meals & low fat choosing what I thought was good choiced. But she, hubby & me put on weight. I was worse putting on 20kg (45lb) in 6 months. I was shocked at the Doctors for my annual checkup. I have always worn loose shirts & elastic skirts so it snuck up. I cried at the Doctors. They couldnt weigh me on their scales - i was too heavy. I went to a freight company that day to know my start weight. 172kg (379lb). I went home & hit the internet totally gutted and discusted in myself. I didnt mention it to my daughter as it wasnt her choices but mine, nor her fault & she still had enough on her plate. (She has had 5 operations - includes a cornea transplant, in the last 2 years & is still blind in that eye but is back at work, moved back out on her own & hasnt lost her eye which was the chance at 1st. On the day of the accident we were told she may not make it & her 1st surgery was to save her life).

I knew I had failed constantly on low fat calories, WW, Jenny Craig, Israli diet, apple diet, grapefruit diet, fit for life, pritican etc etc so I needed something different. Bought an ebook on low carb high fat. Science sounded sound so I closed my eyes in pure faith & started it like a focused mad woman. High fat just messed with my head big time at 1st. But I did it, not perfectly but did it.

17 months later Im at 42kg (96lb) down with so many many NSVs. The biggest is i have my mobility back. Before i couldnt walk supermarkets (ordered online). I slowly built it up 5 minutes extra a time. Now I walk 8000 steps with no pain. Down from size 28-30 to 18-20. I have not been as focused in 2016 compared to 15 & it has slowed down, but I have not put weight back on. Im now down to my pre baby weight from 26 years ago.

Im still constantly thinking about my WOE which is so mentally taxing when I have slow losses. I just have to refocus & back to the obsesive logging woman. I know Christmas is coming but there is never a good time to start as social events & excuses are here all year.

So this is my accountability thred to keep focused. Please friend me and check my diary for logging. If you want it I can also do the same for you. We need to change the statistics that people put the weight back on plus more. I refuse to be a statistic following the tend.