Week 7 - Dec 12 to Dec 18

Options
tress29
tress29 Posts: 614 Member
Well, I'm up a pound this week. Boo! I had a huge party on Saturday, and munched on dill pickle sunflower seeds in the car on Sunday. I'm guessing a lot will be water retained from the extra high sodium. I brought extra water to work and really gotta get my steps in every day. Since we're just 3 weeks from the New Year, it's time for a strong push to the finish!

Replies

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I managed to get my 2 pound loss this week, but I think it may have been my hardest fought for 2 pounds ever. I sat down with my husband yesterday to analyze the week to see what was different. The two things that changed were (1) forgot to take my vitamins 3 days, and (2) did very little exercise. So this week, I will be more intentional about these two thing. Sleep, stress reduction, and whole foods (avoiding highly processed foods) is still going well.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Can't believe it's this last in the year already.

Trying to get back on track through the 23rd or so. ;-)
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Two and a half weeks until the new year. I began this year at 161. I worked to lose down to 155 and then maintained at about 159 for a while. Late summer early fall, I allowed my weight to start to climb. It toped out at 169. I'm happy to say, that as of yesterday, I am back to the 161 where I began the 2016 year. This time, I am working hard to reach my goal weight. By January 1st, I plan to be starting the new year weighing less that January 1st last year. I also plan to reach my goal weight in four to five months.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Finally remembering to exercise this week. :)
  • tress29
    Options
    This week has been rough. My weight has been bouncing up and down all week. It's kind of frustrating. I guess that's why I should only weigh once a week?
  • barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Injuried! Tripped on roots during super nice trail run and hurt knee.... No running walking or biking.. So forced to eat better( missing last race of the year)
  • tress29
    Options
    How long will you be out of commission?
  • barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    tress29 wrote: »
    How long will you be out of commission?

Two weeks until swelling is all gone and stability of knee can be assessed...
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I wont reach my goal but I might make it have half way, so I am pretty happy about that. I hope this group continues into spring or summer!
  • tress29
    Options
    bm1409 wrote: »
    I hope this group continues into spring or summer!
    The first "Holiday challenge" group I joined was in 2013! We have different folks moderating, but I think we all like the strategy, of holiday to holiday.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Having goals is an excellent way to stay the course through the holidays. I have finally stayed focused over the past four weeks and intend to stay that way. :) After a year of ups and downs, I just want to get to goal weight and move on to the next phase of the process.

Wishing everyone a wonderful week filled with joy and peace. <3
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    bm1409 wrote: »
    I wont reach my goal but I might make it have half way, so I am pretty happy about that. I hope this group continues into spring or summer!

I hope so too, as I keep hoping to get my head back in it.

I'm currently focusing on making a plan for next year, although I plan to do some stuff to stay on track still through the new year too.