Good morning from N. Cali!

Options
ladynasdaq
ladynasdaq Posts: 21 Member
Today is a new and improved attitude. It's also day 1 and I'm not starting in Jan.,2017. Nopers on that! I have to say I have a good year and a half to put a dent into my weight loss and that's ok. I am a bad Weight Watchers failure. I am hungry, I fall off and hate counting points. I like MFP and have had success in the past. I also feel that I need maximum control over what I want to eat in a day and with calories, it's very forgiving and being a 12 hour night shifter I need to get my eating spread out.
So with that, weighing in at 279 lbs., goal weight is 120 lbs. and knowing years ago I ate 1600 calories to keep my weight at that 120 lbs., I figure just stick to 1600 calories a day and let the weight slowly drift down the scale. I also know that water weight will come off first and the the slower phase, the loss of fat in drips and drabs. I am not too worried about eating sweets. I am all about staying full so I am very organized on this new attempt and want to say that I have some favorites like Healthy Choice frozen meals on my work days is going to help me a lot. I do like Slimfast and the High Protein ones will come in handy with 1 gram of sugar. The bottles are expensive but I think, what was I spending on food before? So I'm ok with just buying what I like and add a protein bar for a snack,fruit,veggies, whatever and so today the MFP calorie calculator says I will consume 1602 calories. I'm going to use a friend's on here philosophy... plus or minus 50 calories so some days you may be at 1650 or 1550 and don't sweat the small stuff because the numbers can vary but the average is 1600 calories a day. I am making my own rules because I cannot live with the typical diet mentality. I love Panda Express food. In a week on weigh in day I plan on enjoying this but will make sure that the calories for the day adds up and yes there is more sodium than usual but in that week it will be okay because my issue is calorie numbers and that sodium will be long gone over a week.
So looking forward to everyone's philosophy and how you're working your Program.