Shoes

Options
Mummyadams
Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
I'm thinking about getting me some Metcons as I'm over having to swap out shoes between wodding and lifting. I currently use Reebok Lifters for lifting and Nano 4's which I love.
Does anyone use Metcons and do they do the job for everything CF?

Replies

• tuskegee4
    tuskegee4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I don't run in my Metcons because they feel heavier to me than my Nano 4s. Honestly I have not found one crossfit shoe that does everything. I have Nanos, Metcons, and No Bulls
  • sayhitostephz
    sayhitostephz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I like Metcons for lifting because they definitely have stiffer soles than Nanos. I wear my Nanos for less lifting/more cardio type days and my Metcons otherwise. I also haven't found one single shoe that meets all my needs for CF.
  • AliKry125
    AliKry125 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second pair of Metcons and love them! I have reebok cf lifters and they are very close. I would like to say when I got my metcons I originally got a half size larger and regretted it. Too much slipping when doing metcons. When buying my most recent pair, I stayed true to my typical 8 and they felt too tight at first so I wore them with my thinner socks- but after a month are now perfect. I still wear my thick padded running shoes when we have a heavy running day but for typical days my metcons are perfect and my squat depth feels great, improved over my reebok nanos with the heel lift. One more tip: if you check the outlets you can get a better price. I went to the Nike outlet and I paid $65 for my current metcon2's in neon yellow and black which I love! The patterned ones were over $100 at the same outlet- newer style costs more I guess but the shoe is the same. Best to you!
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOVE Metcons and use them for everything, including running. Well, lifters for Oly. I found some at the Nike outlet as well, for 70 bucks.