Its Christmas week, yo!

Options
psych101
psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
Hey all, we're on the countdown to Christmas!

Tell me a little about yourselves!

I'm Psych aka Hope, I'm 34 and live in New Zealand with my 4yr old. I've lost 112lbs and heavy lifting is my jam! I struggle with drinking my calories around this time of year and the fact that my family basically fill the entire house with chocolate covered scorched almonds...mmmm

This year I plan to track through the holidays, eat my calorie goal, aim for high protein, exercise everyday in some way - and to enjoy the break! I'd like to get to the point where these choices come naturally to me...

What are your goals through this time?

Replies

• jdt242
    jdt242 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jessica. 34, married, mum to two young girls. I generallly have no issue being active - love long distance running, going to the gym etc but eat a lot and drink even more around this time of year. I'm also hoping to stay within a reasonable amount of calories and exercise everyday, bar Christmas Day. Expect to see a few looooong runs to burn off carbs and booze!
  • jonesphotog
    jonesphotog Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm Brent. 40, married with six children. Over the past two years I've lost over 100 pounds and have decently maintained the loss. This year feels extremely hard, in part due to the decent success that I've enjoyed, and now my brain is telling me to go wild with food whenever I want. I'd like to control those feelings and stay on track through the holiday though every day gets harder and harder the closer we get to Christmas and New Years.
  • zmxr22
    zmxr22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a 46 single female from the US. Right now I'm mainly swimming and run/walking short distances. The holiday season will be a challenge for me especially because I have an out of town guest coming Wednesday that will be staying with me for 5 weeks. My goal is to keep active and not gain weight through the end of January.

Thanks for starting this group.
  • psych101
    Options
    Hey guys! Thanks for joining me! I figured I'd start a new thread every week and we can make it through the silly season together! Feel free to check in everyday! Or whenever you can!

So far my family have asked me to be the one to bring all the "naughty" food on Christmas Day - chocolate, chippies, biscuits and scorched almonds. I'm hoping I might be able to buy things that I don't really like and that might be one way that I can cut down on my calorie intake for the day?
    so many work lunches and catered events this time of year - how do you guys manage? I try to stick to protein heavy foods, or eat beforehand. But gosh peer pressure from people can be so hard!
    Today's run was 10km so felt it offset my lunch out today a little. One good thing about eating more is that my lifts are going SO well! Haha look for the silver lining!!

Xx
  • jonesphotog
    jonesphotog Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    It's a difficult time of the year for sure. Last week we had two catered lunches at work, today we are leaving the office for our annual lunch, last night we had our traditional "Elf" dinner with the kiddos. So far I've just abstained from everything because as soon as I eat one thing, it leads to another and another and another.
  • jdt242
    Options
    I'm feeling the love for an increase in protein over the holidays - great idea. I am allowing myself anything as long as it stays within my calorie range. I've upped it to "maintenance" and with my usual exercise, this allows for a lot / enough of food/drink. In a nutshell my head has given up on losing over Christmas, and am focussed on coming back strong and ready to fully commit in a weeks or so's time instead. I just need to stay sensible.
  • psych101
    Options
    I think that's really sensible Jessica! I'm actually sitting around maintenance at the moment too - it's making my workouts pretty darn awesome too!!
  • psych101
    Options
    Deadlifts yesterday were awesome! So much strength with those few extra calories! Managing to stay on track so far. Taking easy to log snacks to family events and avoiding alcohol are helping! I don't want to be a Debbie downer and now drink, but drinking leads to me getting a little lax with my intake - and makes me feel crap! So id rather not!
  • jdt242
    Options
    I'm so glad you mentioned booze...it's on my mind. I've had a few days on it and wanted to be "good" today but for the reasons you've mentioned, want to give it a little rest. It's hard though because everyone is being "merry" and that's normally my job....

I'm just don't see change happening if I keep alcohol in my life...as much as I enjoy it