Week 3!

Options
crimsongrey
crimsongrey Posts: 329 Member
Hope everyone is keeping up with their plans to reach their goals. It's not easy this time of year, with the holidays and weather challenges, but spring will be here before we know it! Think of how fit and ready you'll be for your riding goals and everything else in life :smile:
I'm planning on sticking with my original plans, but am going to be adding more protein to my diet. I'll have to make it to the gym every weekday to get 5 workouts in. I'm doing chores on Christmas (rotating and feeding about 20 horses and cleaning 7 stalls) which will help cover the added calories of Christmas dinner that I'm sure will put me a little over my limits :blush:

Replies

• cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Great plans! I am ready for week 3, this week is really about me focusing on my eating.
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I am going to really focus on what I put in my mouth until the weekend. Then I will try to avoid the fats as much as possible, have more protein and carbs. Gym closes at noon on the 24th. I will be there. Dinner is at 3.
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Riding lesson on Thursday. Looking forward to it. We are going to walk around the pond at the park. It is more about confidence building.
  • snookb276
    snookb276 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Week 3 plan will continue to be 3 yoga sessions with meditation, walking the dog or walking at work and lastly to continue to meet my calorie goal while focusing on fruit and vegetable intake.
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    Alright, gotta be honest here. I didn't make it to the gym yesterday or today :( Yesterday I was just lazy and decided I'd make up for it later in the week. Today I fed breakfast and cleaned stalls for the girl who normally does them and was pretty worn out by the time I got home. By the time I went to the feed store and the post office, I decided I'd had enough. Now I've made the choice to have beer and nachos for dinner. Just one of those days. It's a lifestyle change though, right? There will be days like this. Tomorrow will be a fresh start.
  • snookb276
    Options
    That's right...Tomorrow is a new day.
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    I did log everything and pretty much only ate back the calories I burned at the barn, so not too bad. I made sure to have a limited amount of cheese and chips and more beans. Yummy and worth it! Feeding and cleaning stalls again tomorrow morning as well and will get to the gym in the afternoon.
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Ok, so the end of last week and the beginning of this week have been a write off..... I was down and out with a bug, nasty! I think I registered 10,000 steps for the whole week :( I am still pretty queasy and eating is not high on my list of fun stuff to do right now. I have done nothing but the bare minimum of getting to work and feeding the family. No exercise, no barn...... getting grumpy! I am hoping to run tonight (if I can get into the chiropractor) and ride tomorrow. With any luck I will be able to get out lots next week as I have it booked off.
  • snookb276
    Options
    Sorry...Hope you feel better soon.
  • crimsongrey
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @showjumper , that's a bummer. Hopefully, the worst is over and you'll feel great for your week off :smile:
    Did chores this morning and had a short ride. The sun is out and it's relatively warm. Not a bad day :smiley:
  • showjumper
    Options
    @snookb276 @crimsongrey Thank you... I'm on the mend except now I have been in bed so much my back is out :(
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    Hope you get into your chiro!
    I'm sitting here with my heating pad on my back. Cleaning stalls is tough when you haven't done it for awhile. Great workout though :wink:
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    Had been feeling good about my progress until today. I was riding and saw myself in the mirror. It's not like I haven't seen it before, but today I was shocked at how heavy I look. I'm embarrassed to see my friends when I head south next month :( I know they don't care and I'll definitely drop the weight quickly due to the nature of the work with the horse job, but since I haven't seen them since April, I wanted to show up all fit and looking good in my britches. Disappointed.
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    ok, fresh new day today! I was exhausted yesterday and had a really crappy ride and it just got the best of me. I didn't go over my calories and actually still had about 900 left after considering the calories earned. Hope everyone has a good day! Please continue to check in. If not for yourself, then for me :blush: It really helps me to know I'm not doing this alone.
  • showjumper
    Options
    @crimsongrey remember that not eating enough is just as bad as eating too much..... 900 extra calories consistently may cause you to still enter that dreaded "starvation" mode and you hang onto every calorie you eat..... :) just thinking out loud
  • snookb276
    Options
    Week 3 was pretty good except the overindulgence in holiday goodies. They're everywhere! I did do my 3 yoga workouts and meditation as well as daily stall cleaning and lots of walking at work. Man, I want to ride. Can't wait for spring.
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    good job @snookb276 :smile: It was not so good for me. I felt like crap, my horse's back was sore so I didn't ride (I think his ulcers are back) and I did barn chores, but not the gym. Now my hubby is making cheesecake for tomorrow and is being an overall enabler. I'm feeling super anxious about things and not feeling strong. Have given in to the fact that I will have to get back on track on Monday.
  • snookb276
    Options
    @crimsongrey Keep going. You are awesome and an inspiration.