healthy soups

Options

Replies

• lhedlin
    lhedlin Posts: 1
    Options
    Herbalife has a delicious chicken soup mix. It comes in individual packets and is only 80 calories and 16 grams protein. You just mix it with hot water. You'd have to find your local Herbalife distributor or try ebay. They usually have Herbalife products. :smile:
  • ramyachaitu
    Options
    Healthy lentil soup:-

servings 2

Ingredients:

red lentils -1/2 cup
    carrots-2
    tomato-3 medium sized
    frozen peas-1/2 cup
    garlic cloves-3
    cilantro chopped-1/2 cup
    cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
    olive oil-1 tablespoon
    vegetable broth-3 cups(homemade by using left over green juice pulp)

Method:

Wash the lentils,carrot,tomatoes with luke warm water. Chop the carrots and tomatoes. Now cook the lentils,tomato and carrots by adding 2 cups of water until lentils are completely cooked. After that let them cool and make it like a fine paste by crushing with wooden spoon or you can do by using blender.
    Now take another pan and add olive oil and let it heat. After the oil is heated add cumin seeds,frozen peas and chopped cilantro( you can add spices too ) let them cook for 30 seconds and then add 3 cups of vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Then add our lentil paste to that and cook for another 3 mins.. now the soup is ready.
    1 cup soup contains approximately 200 calories.This is healthy and filling too.

Everyday morning for breakfast i will drink my green juice(kale,parsley,celery,green apple,cucumber,carrot) so the left over pulp i use for making vegetable broth as follows. Add water to your juice pulp and simmer it for one hour. After that remove the pulp and store the vegetable juice in airtight in fridge.You can use it for 2 days.:wink: