New Herbalife Person!

Hi everyone - so glad i discovered this group. . .I am new to Herbalife. I was successful on WW 2 years ago and lost close to 40 pounds, but then I got off track and despite trying, never seemed to get back on track. Ihave had quite a few friends successful with Herbalife recently and I took the plunge and while its only one day, I had the most successful day of healthy eating yesterday than I have truly had in almost 18 months.

Sohere is my question- I know tracking is not necessary to Herbalife but I found with WW, for me it is essential. When I met with my Herbalife coach, the focus was more on getting the right amount of protein then calories. I just wanted to know if you all changed the calories in MFP, or stick to the 1200. . .

Any other herbalife and MFP tips you can give me would be sooooooo much appreciated! Thank you!

Replies

• yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Hi, I may not be much help since I'm new myself, however, I've been reading up on all the previous post and from what I can see the most important is the protein and also I find that everyone also goes by their allowed calories, I myself am sticking to 1200-1250 calories a day. So far it has been working for me, I've been on the HL plan for 9 days today and have lost 3.4 lbs so far. Good luck to you on your journey!
  • b0nnyd0g
    b0nnyd0g Posts: 84 Member
    Lots of us have friended each other so look out for those, the ideas you get from various diaries is amazing.

I did ww too quite a while ago and was successful but have struggled with it recently. I am loving Herbalife and have lost about 20lbs up to now so nearly at my target :) I have set my calories to 1200 and track my shakes and meals to fit with this. I record exercise cals and generally use them up at the weekend so although it might look like I am over, on my phone app I can track the week as well as days.

My main change is that I am aiming for around 100g of protein a day and this seems to be working for me :)

Good luck to you and keep in touch on here x
  • mommymeryl
    mommymeryl Posts: 23
    Thank you so much - I appreciate your response!!!
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    There are three numbers you need to watch:
    1. Protein - your coach should give you a protein gram/day goal.
    2. Calories - usually your resting metabolic rate less ~200 calories but no less than 1200.
    3. WATER - most important. 1/2 your body weight (in ounces) a day. I weight about 165, so about 83 oz a day. More when exercising.
  • thank you so much!!!
  • I am new to herbalife and would appreciate any tips and hints on how to be successful in this. Also if you want to friend me please send a request. Thanks
  • pgn301
    pgn301 Posts: 29 Member
    Been on Herbalife for almost a month now and have lost almost 20lbs, the first two weeks I didn't track my progress but could tell I was losing weight. This product is great my energy is through the roof!
  • fatoldladyonamission
    fatoldladyonamission Posts: 580 Member
    Hi all, I just started Herbalife yesterday and would be very glad to keep in touch and share ideas with anyone doing it too! I did Lighter life about 6 years ago and successfully lost almost 6 stone but since moving areas and not getting along with the local LL counsellors I've decided to try Herbalife.

I'm doing two shakes a day with fruit snacks and one meal, and sticking within the calories set on MFP, although I've dropped them from 1760 down to 1350 because I want to shift the weight as fast as possible. I have loads to lose so wanted to be quite strict! Is everyone else doing the same or are there different ways to do it?

If anyone wants to keep in touch please add me, I'll be glad to get to know you! Good luck everyone!