Hello All

Options
Just wanted to drop a line. I normally do not participate in blogs, groups, or outside supports but I recognize now that during the course of preparing for gastric by pass surgery that I have to seek supports. You all sound so supportive and understanding with out judging. I ask the group to please join me on my path for support, encouragement, advice, and information. I promise to offer same in return....ITS GOOD TO REALIZE THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE STRUGGLING WITH THIS.:explode:

Replies

• tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hi!Sorry it took so long for a reply to come your way. I "fell off off thewagon" so to speak but am "back in the saddle" :)

Gastic bypass. Wow, thats serious stuff. Maybe it sounds odd but CONGRATS... on taking charge, on making that decision decisionto do what it takes. I know there is a big commitment you have to make and fulfill before the surgery can even take place. Support is always great on a big undertaking too.

There are a few who refuse to let this group die off. The more the merrier! I post my pointless thoughts, unsolicited opinons and rants. Blowing off steam(ok and whining) helps me.Feel free to steam up the place.
  • 4michellelong
    4michellelong Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass surgery 11 years and have since gained all of my weight back plus 3 pounds. If I had to tell myself anything back then it would be to stop and get rid of the problem that is eating you, don't eat it to death. By recognizing that you are an emotional/ comfort eater is a step in the right direction. I am in the position where I want to do this again but on my own without another surgery because I was not as properly prepared and educated as I thought. When you get past this comfort phase and begin to channel those habits into a healthier direction, things will be much easier to see through whether you have surgery or not. Good luck!