Wasn't fit before pregnancy and now i am stuck with a pouch !! HELP !

Options
I am 33 so the metabolism has pretty much took a swan dive as it is. I have hypothyroidism so that doesn't help AT ALL !! I am 16 weeks PP and although i was not a fit fanny before i am definitely not now. I had a C- Section and am stuck with what looks and feels like a potato sack around my lower abdomen. I seriously feel like an overweight kangaroo !! Am I the only one ? What at home exercises can I do to start eliminating my saddle bags and kangaroo pouch ?

Replies

• ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Sadly, you can't spot reduce fat. Eat at a reasonable deficit, and work strength training into your exercise as well as cardio. Building muscle will help fill lose skin out, but the fat will come off where it wants when it wants. I'm right there with you - 2 pregnancies and a 70lb loss before a 3rd pregnancy left me + 20 pounds. Some people claim success with lotions and creams, but I don't know of any personally that I would say actually work any better than staying moisturized.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Don't feel down. Your body has just grown a human! What a miracle. Slow and steady it will come off. Congratulations and welcome!
  • MudDancer
    MudDancer Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I also had a c section 17 weeks ago, I know what you mean when you say that you feel like you have a sack of potatoes around you! My sack is slowly getting smaller, but sadly, even though I weigh less now than before I got pregnant, my belly is still bigger :( But I am getting there...and am back into my pre pregnancy clothes :smiley:
    You can do it, just eat right and exercise.
    Congratulations on your new LO!
  • Kdg87
    Kdg87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am wondering the same thing! Would love to hear others’ responses. I was considered overweight before I got pregnant but certainly did not have this pouch! I can’t even imagine wearing my PP clothes. 😢
  • almostsuperpowered
    almostsuperpowered Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i
    Sadly, you can't spot reduce fat. Eat at a reasonable deficit, and work strength training into your exercise as well as cardio. Building muscle will help fill lose skin out, but the fat will come off where it wants when it wants. I'm right there with you - 2 pregnancies and a 70lb loss before a 3rd pregnancy left me + 20 pounds. Some people claim success with lotions and creams, but I don't know of any personally that I would say actually work any better than staying moisturized.

^^This, and do some core strength work. It is good too start with the basics as we've all stretched out our abs. Google transverse ab workout postpartum and take a look at some of the options out there for starting from scratch. With a c-section, there are even some videos that just start with breathing exercises to get those abs talking to each other again. Be careful not to just jump right into crunches if your abs are separated (diastasis recti), which isn't the case for everyone, but is common enough.