1st Week

Options
2»

Replies

• lillyy23
    lillyy23 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    HEY! my name is Lily. I am 23 years old. & 5'2 in height. Last year I was overweight I guess being in long term relationship I didnt really look at myself anymore...and the ex stopped appreciating me i didnt think anything was wrong but then i noticed how he started acting different... including people around us. my mom told me one day, it wasnt easy probably her telling me i was fat . I was insulted at first. But im glad she told me in time before i got worse. i was about 60 pounds overweight. Right now I lost 23 pounds since last summer, I kinda stopped during the year cause winter came along but i promised to maintain which im sooo happy that i successfully was able to maintain ! :D now sept im going to school but i promised myself i cannot afford to eat crap, especially while in school i need to take care of my health as well.
  • libbyncarter
    Options
    Hi All,

I am amazed at the response to this group, you can really see from first weeks posts that everyone is in the same boat and has similar experiences.
    Osugal91 I also work from home and know the feeling of the kitchen being to close, I actually started locking it and only allowing myself to unlock it when I actually was hungry.

Tishtee I too get bored after a couple weeks that is exactly why I started the group.

And like most of you I want to finish what I started a couple of years ago and finally lose this weight.

I am really looking forward to this journey with all of you and helping you all on your journey.
    :smile:
  • lillyy23
    lillyy23 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I am amazed at the response to this group, you can really see from first weeks posts that everyone is in the same boat and has similar experiences.
    Osugal91 I also work from home and know the feeling of the kitchen being to close, I actually started locking it and only allowing myself to unlock it when I actually was hungry.

Tishtee I too get bored after a couple weeks that is exactly why I started the group.

And like most of you I want to finish what I started a couple of years ago and finally lose this weight.

I am really looking forward to this journey with all of you and helping you all on your journey.
    :smile:

Thank you for starting all this !!!

Have you thought about your goals and what your gonna do to achieve it? I know its probably not that complicated but to lose 1 pound a week we need to burn 3500 calories right so how do we do that??? i know that sounds so dumb.
  • libbyncarter
    Options
    Hi Lillyy23,

I don't think it is a dumb question, it is a good idea to think about and plan how to achieve at least a 1lb a week weight loss.

I have recently signed up to walk 56k for charity and the training schedule for that will help me loss the weight, along with eating right.
    I think you have to find something you enjoy.

I was thinking of putting some weekly challenges on here, to help encourage each other and give us all a nudge, what do you think?
  • tishtee
    tishtee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi libbyncarter,

Yes, I'd be up for a weekly challenge, what do you suggest? Anyone else up for a challenge?
    Tx
  • Kaytee86
    Kaytee86 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Weekly challenges would be fun. Could be all kinds of silly things like "5K day" (try to walk over 5K in one day, doesn't have to be all at once). Or "from scratch" (Cook a meal from scratch, nothing prepared in entire meal). And many other silly ideas.

If you want help organizing challenges, I would be willing to help.
  • alwayskari
    alwayskari Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of challenges. I'm game!