How do you track weight gain if you lost at the beginning?

Options
ybodwen
ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
Hi ladies,

Just wondering if I'm supposed to count my weight gain from before I was pregnant, (total) or from after I stopped losing from the morning sickness (net)? Anyone know?

Replies

• sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I have a running tally in my head for both. Depends on who I am discussing it with.
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I started my tracking on conception weight, I lost a couple of lbs at the start and gained them back and just recorded it like that. I think it's normal to loose a bit first and then gain it back. I don't count the temp loss or else I'd feel like I gained more then I did haha.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I would base it on when you have the weight gain conversation with your practitioner. We didn't talk about it until I was 16 weeks and he gave me a guideline from that point forward. To be honest, though, even at that point he basically said it'll be what it'll be, just make sure it's healthy by eating right and exercising. Limit junk food and laziness and the weight won't be too stubborn once baby is out.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    It's something to ask your doctor, but I think most count it from your starting weight, not your lowest weight. Mine did at least :)
  • heathermora11
    heathermora11 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't stress either way, but I've always considered it from pre- pregnancy or "day I peed on a stick" weight. I went down a pound or two this time (went down like 6 last time!) but in both cases I report my gain from where I started.
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! It sort of puts me in the same place in terms of how much more to gain anyhow!
    Pee on stick day I was just over the "overweight" border- so 15-25 recommended gain. (Currently up 12)
    After 3 months of puking/starving I was "normal" weight so 25-35 recommended gain. (Currently up 18)
    So either way I guess I should aim to gain about 10 more lbs which would be about a lb a week, right?